Rolling Stone is Looking For a Product-Obsessed Editor With a Keen Attention to Detail
Rolling Stone is hiring a full-time E-Commerce Editor to support the growing e-commerce business at RollingStone.com.
The E-Commerce Editor will work closely with our Director of Commerce to create an e-commerce strategy and editorial calendar for Rolling Stone, while overseeing a team of in-house writers and freelancers. You’ll also be responsible for publishing daily shoppable listicles, deal posts and reviews, spanning everything from electronics and fashion, to fitness and smart home tech.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content as well as a demonstrated interest in multiple product categories. Experience with affiliate networks, link tracking, SEO tools and data analysis is a major plus.
This prospective editor should be bursting with great pitches for product reviews and roundups that are a perfect fit for the RollingStone.com audience. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices.
Rolling Stone is looking for a product-obsessed editor with a keen attention to detail who’s deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish in the CMS.
- Copy edit and publish 30+ e-commerce stories a week on RollingStone.com
- Write and produce 4-5 pieces of shoppable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products in the men's space, ranging from gear to grooming staples
- Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
- Track sales and traffic and send weekly e-commerce revenue reports and updates
- Create and track product reviews funnel, ensuring writers receive products to review and that reviews are published per embargos and deadlines
- Work closely with the editorial team to ensure SEO and editorial best practices are met
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in digital journalism, preferably in e-commerce
- The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
- Daily experience working within a CMS (familiarity with WordPress preferred)
- Experience with affiliate marketing/affiliate networks
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software a plus