TEEN VOGUE is Looking for a Full-Time Fashion & Beauty Editor to Help Grow the Brand’s Presence in Fashion and Beauty Sector
TEEN VOGUE is seeking a full-time Fashion & Beauty Editor to help grow the brand’s presence in the fashion and beauty sector, someone who works well in a fast-paced environment and has a background in fashion and online writing and editing.
This person is responsible for writing, pitching, and editing features with a knowledge of how politics, culture and everyday life intersect with fashion and beauty. Knowing about: celebrity fashion and beauty trends, sustainability, Gen Z, runway trends, and fashion and beauty brands, as well as exceptionally strong writing skills and the ability to think outside the box with their approach to fashion and beauty are key. Teen Vogue’s Style section is an integral part of the publication, whether it’s finding a new brand that our readers will love, talking about a new campaign or aiming to lead conversations in the fashion, beauty and entertainment space—all in a voice that inspires people to engage.
TEEN VOGUE aims to educate, enlighten and empower our audience to create a more inclusive environment by amplifying the voices of the unheard, telling stories that normally go untold, and providing resources for young people looking to make a tangible impact in their communities.
- Editing fashion and beauty feature stories
- Writing fashion and beauty feature stories, and short news stories.
- Producing stories in the CMS
- Working closely with the Fashion and Beauty Director to think of larger feature and package ideas.
- Handling invoices for freelancers
- Staying up to date on fashion/style news for timely stories from a Teen Vogue angle.
- Maintaining close relationships with New York- and Los Angeles-based fashion publicists.
- Act as brand representative at events, dinners, appointments, etc.
- In collaboration with Fashion and Beauty Director, manage and maintain key priorities each season and fashion brand relationships
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of the Teen Vogue brand and passion for its values
- At least 3 years experience editing and writing within the beauty or fashion space.
- Experience navigating sensitive, nuanced topics in the social space
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.