The New York Post is looking for a Deputy Business Editor
The New York Post is looking for an accomplished journalist for the role of Deputy Business Editor to help supervise its award-winning business section.
Theo Wayt, Reporter at The New York Post Covering tech posted:If you’re a reporter or editor with at least 3 years of experience covering finance, retail, tech, media or real estate, you should apply to be one of my bosses. Feel free to email me if you’re email@example.com
- Assigning and editing breaking news stories filed by more than a half-dozen reporters and columnists
- Help reporters brainstorm, develop and execute enterprise stories and investigative pieces for The Post’s website and newspaper.
- Collaborate with editors in art, photo and digital strategy to generate the greatest impact for stories on the web as well as print.
- Sharp news judgement and the journalistic rigor that is required to make tough calls and produce significant stories that grab attention and force change is essential
- Demonstrated ability to edit and recast stories into clean and compelling copy on tight deadlines is essential
- Experience with legal reporting is a plus
- Key areas of coverage for The Post’s business desk include technology, media, retail and hospitality, real estate and Wall Street, including banks, hedge funds and private equity.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years of experience working in a fast paced digitally focused newsroom
- Editing experience is not specifically required — a strong reporter with a demonstrated track record of major scoops and investigative skills could also be an ideal candidate.
- Social media and SEO knowledge is a plus