The Verge is Hiring a Social Media Manager
The Verge is Seeking a Social Media Manager. Want to Apply?
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
The portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Verge is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager to handle content optimization (social and search), distribution, and channel growth. You’ll work with our talented team of journalists, editors, and social media managers to grow our audience and traffic.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices, and for making sure day-to-day publishing is seamless. You’ll provide tactical counsel to writers on article formats, metadata, and images.
The ideal candidate should have social media experience and a deep love for gadgets and all things technology and science. They are a highly creative and analytical thinker and are able to quickly change and evolve with the digital landscape while staying extremely organized.
The position can be remote or in the New York office, but you’ll need to be able to work on East Coast hours.
What you'll do:
- Optimize Verge written content to attract the biggest possible audience across platforms by vetting SEO, following platform best practices, and analyzing performance data.
- Handle content distribution across all of our platforms.
- Help manage all of the Verge’s social media accounts
- Identify and execute creative distribution tactics to innovate how we use social media accounts, promote our content and engage with our audience.
- Track and analyze weekly and quarterly data to monitor the performance of The Verge’s social media accounts
- Pitch stories to the relevant platforms (Apple News, Flipboard, SmartNews, Facebook News)
- Create/host short form content like TikToks, Reels, and Stories.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years experience in social media,
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other emerging platforms.
- A passion for all things tech, science, and The Verge.
- Proven time and project management skills
- TikTok and IG Stories/Reels production/hosting
- A 280-character cover letter (DO NOT SEND a traditional cover letter), or a link to a TikTok cover letter
- Your resume
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.