Sunset Magazine Needs a New Social Media Editor
Sunset Magazine Needs a Social Media Editor to shape and enact their strategy across Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Like any modern publication, Sunset Magazine lives on social media: Their stories and images would not reach our devoted readers without Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and other channels. And now they need a Social Media Editor to shape and enact our strategy across those platforms. Apply Here.
In this role, you’ll be doing a lot of enthusiastic posting, but you’ll also be a key member of our editorial team, responsible for shaping our approach to storytelling, our social voice, and (perhaps most important) our relationship with readers. Beyond that, you’ll be a point person in the relationship with ad sales and branded content, integrating our ad partners’ posts and messages into our feeds in ways that highlight them without overwhelming our organic content. Finally, you’ll be expected to stay aware of the fast-shifting social media landscape, alerting your colleagues to new opportunities (or pitfalls) on the horizon.
- Post Sunset content, both new and evergreen, regularly to our key social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Guide editorial team in creating more social-friendly content, from identifying stories to improving copy and imagery
- Build a network of allies, influencers, and contributors
- Contribute to our branded content efforts by liaising with ad sales, calendaring sponsored posts, and often creating branded content
- Track social analytics with an eye to growing audience and improving engagement
- Establish and maintain best practices for social posting
- At least 3 years as a social media professional, ideally for an editorial organization
- Active and vibrant public social media presence
- Excellent writing skills, plus a “get things done” attitude
- Track record of increasing audience/traffic
- A firm grasp of the Sunset brand and aesthetic
Need MORE Social Media Opportunities? Keep reading.