VIBE is Looking For Exceptional Assistant Editor To Its Growing Team
VIBE is Seeking an Assistant Editor Who Can Stay on the Pulse of Trending Stories in Entertainment and Current Events
This team player has strong news judgment, values the importance of presenting the facts, and sees opportunities to spark online conversation around topics that impact and matter to us. This position is for an individual who can perform in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and urgently tackle breaking news. Investigative reporting skills are key for this role.
The full-time Assistant Editor will be based in the New York City area. Editor will report to the News Editor and Executive Editor.
What You’ll Do:
- Write accurate and concise news articles with a sense of urgency
- Assist with the editing of compelling news brief pitches from staff writers
- Review news reports for accuracy, errors, verified sources, relevance, and timeliness
- Ensure uploaded content utilizes SEO best practices and abides by VIBE’s style guide
- Help oversee breakout stories and/or evergreen lists based on news pegs and events
- Collaborate with VIBE’s editorial and video team on original content and projects
- Assign stories to the evening and/or weekend writer(s) as needed
- Occasionally interview subjects for original reports and features
- 4+ years of experience as an editor and writer
- Possesses an affinity for developing and executing a story idea, from start to finish
- Solid familiarity with VIBE’s history in the coverage of hip-hop and R&B is preferred
- Background in reporting and writing in a breaking news environment a plus
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities
Complex is Looking For Editors and More. You Should Apply!
The New Yorker is Looking For Culture Editor. Apply Now!
The Verge Has A New Opening For Creators Editor
Leave a comment