Vogue is Hiring a Beauty Commerce Editor
Vogue is Seeking a Beauty Commerce Editor to Craft Unique and Compelling Beauty Content
Vogue is seeking a Beauty Commerce editor to craft unique and compelling beauty content - with a focus on beauty market. They will have a strong background in product journalism and should be skilled at positioning a digital story to both attract an audience and drive purchase. While beauty is the key content focus, chosen candidate must be well versed in creating similar content across other verticals, such as fashion, home, and lifestyle. They will have a keen sense for tracking new finds our readers will be excited to buy and wear, all year round.
The Beauty Commerce editor will also be comfortable optimizing existing relevant content for both affiliate and SEO. They will be capable of analyzing traffic and conversion results in order to make recommendations for future stories, as well as ideate new ways to engage our audience around shopping content across all our digital platforms.
Ideal candidate will be an ideas generator, with a multi-platform mindset. They will be comfortable representing Vogue in the beauty market, pitching content packages and innovative ideas to drive our editorial coverage across digital, print, social and video.
- Write and optimize an average slate of 8 market stories weekly, working with the Vogue editorial and creative teams to ensure that all content and product recommendations feel modern and on-brand
- Assist in managing a long-term beauty market editorial calendar to feature ongoing, SEO, and seasonal shopping content
- Identify and plan around editorial categories, SEO keywords, and seasonal tent poles that present a commerce opportunity for Vogue, studying purchasing data, tracking site analytics, researching trends, and performing competitive analysis of comparable sites
- Coordinate closely with the commerce, audience development, and editorial teams to share data and best practices that can inform editorial decision-making
- Drive a clear editorial point of view for product and shopping recommendations appealing to the Vogue reader
- Stay abreast of beauty market trends, industry innovations, product launches etc, and feed ideas, with a point of view, back to the wider editorial and commerce teams.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of four years writing or editing beauty market and commerce content at a digital property, as well as refining commerce best practices
- Solid knowledge of SEO tactics to attract an audience
- Experience in managing product sourcing logistics at a digital property (either editorial or commerce)
- Strong organizational skills, a self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- Experience working directly in a CMS, with data and insights programs, and affiliate programs
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.
Read More About Vogue in The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Vogue Magazine's Editor Emails and Social Media handles can be found in The Big Fat Media Guide. Order your copy today. CLICK HERE.
Melissa Barrera Covers Vogue Mexico's September Issue
Adut Akech Bior Graces September's Vogue Hongkong Cover
Leave a comment