WIRED is Seeking a Product Writer and Reviewer to Review and Write About Consumer Tech Gear at Home.
Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Product Writer and Reviewer, WIRED (REMOTE)
WIRED is seeking a Product Writer and Reviewer to review and write about consumer tech gear at home.WIRED team is driven to help readers find the best products and make the most of them.WIRED thoroughly test that gear by using it in our daily lives. A person in this role will create a mix of reviews, buying guides, how-tos, deals roundups, personal essays, and social videos.
WIRED islooking for candidates with a professional passion for testing products and enough space in their home or office to manage the inflow and outflow of that gear. Experience (and interest in) reviewing some of the following categories of gear is ideal: audio/video, bed-in-a-box mattresses, parenting, security (software, privacy, locks/cameras), and sustainability.
- Write and/or update 3+ pieces of 900(ish) word content per week: a mix of full-length reviews, buying guides, gift guides, how-tos, deals coverage, videos, and news/feature articles
- Obtain and test several types of products simultaneously in your daily life, write new content each week, and manage the shipping of products to and from your home or office
- Become the lead reviewer for multiple product categories, and collaborate with other members of the team
- Manage your time efficiently, self-motivate, and proactively communicate
- Research and find images for articles, take original photography when needed
- Work with our multimedia producer to spot video opportunities and create videos
- Follow SEO and affiliate linking best practices
- Help with team projects as needed
This is a full-time telecommute position; remote workers residing in the United States are encouraged. You will work with team members in Eastern and Pacific time zones. It is also an interdepartmental role. You would be a member of WIRED’s Editorial Reviews team and also a member of Conde Nast’s Commerce department.
To Be Considered, Please Include:
- A cover letter explaining your background, familiarity with WIRED, what types of product or tech coverage you have done in the past, and why you’d excel in this role
- 2+ samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments, please include links to any relevant photo or video samples)
- 3 references
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and WIRED will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.