Thank you for believing you have what it takes to began as a VIdeo Editor with The Stylist Suite. You have a strong sense of creativity, attention to detail and the ability to follow directions in your Motion Graphic and able to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team of other creatives.
You are a born leader who works well alone or as a team player. You bring creative insight to the Stylist Suite and understand that your contribution is essential to the overall success of the team.
Apply by sending some exceptional examples of your motion graphics work to email: email@example.com
SUBJECT: Motion Graphics Applicant
The Stylists Suite is seeking a Digital Video Editor to work with our team for ten weeks from June 14 to August 23, 2021 (dates somewhat flexible). The position is for 30 hours a week, at a rate of $17 per hour. The ideal candidate is passionate about video editing and wants to work for an independent media outlet that celebrates Diversity in Magazine and Media Culture. Magazines are at the heart of the work.
Applicants can be based anywhere, and will work remotely.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Publisher to expand the Stylists Suite subscriber and sustainer base;
- Work with the Publisher on the production of the BIG Fat Media Guide and our freelance-focused blog posts in the Freelancers Like Me section of the website. This may include a combination of writing and editing videos, storytelling, research, working with editors, fact-checking and copy-editing, and uploading videos to the youtube page, depending on the skills and interest of the candidate; and
- Assist management with StylistsSuite's social media (Facebook, and Instagram);
You’ll come away with a deep understanding of independent website monetization and content creation production, including editorial, as well as magazine management. You’ll deepen and nuance your understanding of local and international publishing and diversity movements. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person to work in a friendly environment with close and meaningful mentorship, and to contribute to crucial projects that will significantly improve #StylistSuite ~ www.stylistssuite.com's reach and impact.
At minimum, we’re seeking a candidate who:
- Is fluent in English;
- Has some experience writing and publishing video work; and
- Is familiar with Google Sheets and Google Docs.
Though no candidate is expected to have all of the following, ideally you:
- Have a strong understanding of the landscape of Magazine Culture and media in America (including the top publishers, Fashion, editors, writers, photographers, stylists, etc.);
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Are familiar with research and interview techniques;
- Are organized and attentive to deadlines and detail;
- Have an eye for graphic design, motion graphics, and experience with or a willingness to learn InDesign, Photoshop, and Canva;
- Are digitally savvy, with experience in or a willingness to learn digital newsletter management and social media.
A desire and ability to pick up new skills is equally important as any of the above qualifications.
Stylists Suite prioritizes hiring from equity seeking groups, and strongly encourages applicants who are Indigenous, Black, poor or working-class, 2SLGBTQ+, women, and/or disabled.
Please fill out the form here to apply by 8 a.m. EDT on May 17, 2021.
We aim to contact shortlisted applicants by May 21, 2021. Work will begin on or around June 14, 2021.