Architectural Digest Looking For Commerce Writer
Condé Nast Seeks Energetic and Talented Writer to Support the Architectural Digest (AD) Commerce Team
This person is a self-starter, very comfortable with pitching ideas, testing and reviewing products, and is experienced with working from an editorial calendar. They’ll possess a great attention to detail and can quickly write and produce web content in a fast-paced environment.
Core to the role is a commitment to excellence in design and storytelling. The Commerce writer will develop, write, and optimize stories on a daily basis for AD’s digital verticals. This role will cover the home category from every angle including furniture and decor, sleep and smart home tech, as well as travel. The ideal candidate is obsessed with and fascinated by design and decor as they show up in everyday lives and the culture at large.
A proven ability to work independently, quickly, and remain organized is crucial to the position. An interest in social media and emerging platforms, photography, and/or design will be extremely beneficial.
- Write 3-5 pieces of shopping content each week, ensuring copy is clean, brand guidelines are met, and SEO and affiliate best practices are implemented
- Coordinate with SEO managers and commerce resources to make sure all content is optimized
- Assist in supporting a long-term commerce editorial calendar to feature ongoing, SEO, and seasonal shopping content
- Coordinate product call-ins and reviews for editorial consideration
- Lead AD’s sales and tentpole coverage, especially timed to shopping holidays such as Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day
- Work with other AD stakeholders to achieve editorial excellence throughout all platforms, including social, newsletter, and video
- Pitch content and franchise ideas to editorial leads
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of relevant commerce experience with a related brand(s) or media publisher
- Impeccable editorial judgment, writing, and ability to capture AD’s voice to reach new and established audiences
- Proven ability to work independently, quickly, and remain organized and efficient
- A passion for design and home decor
- Strong comprehension and utilization of purchasing data, consumer trends, and competitive analysis
- Strong organizational skills, self-directed work style, and polished communication skills
- Familiarity with affiliate link programs such as Skimlinks and Amazon
- Deep understanding of the commerce media landscape
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Architectural Digest
Condé Nast Seeking Editors. Check Them Out!
Introducing The Cover Star of Architectural Digest's April Issue, Shonda Rhimes
Bustle Looking For TV News Writer
Leave a comment