Are You A Writer Looking For Opportunities? Blavity Wants To Hear From You.
The Senior Copywriter creates compelling and concise copy to sell Blavity Inc. digital products and educate or engage B2B clients and consumers. This role evolves all aspects of our visual and verbal brand, reflecting on where we’ve been, effectively transitioning Blavity to its next phase of incredible growth and future opportunities. The ideal candidate can flex persuasive writing muscle on websites, product pitch decks, and newsletters.
This role will report directly to the VP of Brand.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including talent/programming, events, O&O production and integrated marketing to write copy for Blavity campaigns and proposals.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit RFP response decks presenting innovative campaigns, including tag lines and product stories that create an emotional connection with our Blavity audience and meet client objectives
- Craft compelling copy for Blavity Inc.’s ecosystem of event programming, including panel topics and event descriptions.
- Write marketing copy for website, apps, and newsletters.
- Analyze results of brand marketing materials (e.g., emails, websites) to identify and write the type of copy that results in action.
- Be responsible for gaining in-depth knowledge of our products and programs, staying up-to-date on relevant pop culture and social perception, and researching other brands to keep a competitive edge
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure it is accurate, consistent, grammatically correct, and that the message speaks to the Blavity audience in a cohesive brand voice throughout multiple channels.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, English, Marketing, Journalism, or related field preferred
- Years of Experience: 4+ years of copywriting experience at a media company or advertising agency
- Technology: Proficiency with project management software such as Asana
- A command of the English language and persuasive and refined writing skills
- A wide vocabulary
- Ability to reinvent/create something new
- An understanding of user experience
- Great listening skills
- High curiosity level to understand the digital product we’re promoting and the audience we’re addressing
- Excellent research skills to inform communication
- Highly skilled with leading campaign ideation
- A strong creative vision with an understanding of Blavity Inc.’s business objectives
Details: This is a Full-Time remote position.
To apply, please submit a portfolio online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
The Writer, Blavity News is responsible for sourcing, writing, and reporting on stories that affect and reflect the Black community; including politics, pop culture, and trending news. In collaboration with the Blavity News Editorial Team, this position involves identifying and writing news stories, conducting research, interviewing sources, and reviewing viral trends. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, is open-minded, persistent, quick and effective at reporting, and is an excellent storyteller.
This position is a 1099 contract and will be overseen by the Editor-in-Chief, Blavity News.
- Write up to four news stories per shift
- Source relevant news stories and stay abreast of viral trends on social media worth covering
- Curate questions to interview sources
- Pitch original long-form content twice a month
- Diligently flag and file stores
- Attend bi-weekly writers' calls
- Education: Preferred BA/BS in journalism or relevant work experience
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience writing and reporting for a digital news publication
- Other Experience:
- Experience in news aggregation and reporting
- Experience writing news stories on tight deadlines
- Fact-checking and ensuring all information is accurate/credible
- Competencies: Ability to pitch creative story angles that resonate with readers; a strong sense of journalistic ethics
- Preferred Interest: A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a remote contract position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.