Bustle Looking For Lifestyle Editor
The Lifestyle Editor will manage the day-to-day operations of the site's astrology, relationships, and general lifestyle content. The Lifestyle Editor will work closely with the Deputy Editor, Lifestyle and Executive Editor to shape the brand’s coverage and will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing articles that appeal to Bustle’s audience via search and social platforms.
The ideal candidate has strong news judgment, a knack for pushing stories forward with original reporting and thoughtful angles, and a love for developing emerging talent. Candidates should have a strong grasp of millennials’ obsession with astrology, social media, and dating app trends, and an insatiable desire to make Bustle the first and only destination for young people who are curious to learn about anything from how to survive the next mercury retrograde to what a day in the life of a TikTok-famous divorce lawyer looks like.
The editor should be well-versed in search and social traffic strategies, and an interest in and experience with securing exclusive interviews; networking, nurturing, and maintaining strong industry contacts; and a desire to produce creative and impactful content. Bustle’s lifestyle coverage is inclusive, informative, and fun.
- Edit or write five stories a day — a mix of content tailored to search, social, and Apple News, as well as profiles, Q&As, as-told-tos, and first-person reads
- Manage a team of writers and freelancers, working closely with them on ideation, writing style, and reporting skills.
- Work with the Deputy Editor, Lifestyle and Executive Editor to develop the section’s content strategy, using analytics tools to monitor performance and adjust priorities as needed
- Maintain the vertical’s edit calendar and daily/weekly lineups, ensuring Bustle’s publishing the right mix of stories at optimal times
- Be reactive to the day’s news and brainstorm creative second-hour or second-day angles for breaking stories with potential Lifestyle angles
- 3-5+ years of editing or writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Polished editing, display writing, and story packaging skills
- A collaborative spirit and comfort working across multiple verticals
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities