Condé Nast Has A New Opening For Editor in Chief for SELF
Condé Nast is seeking a highly experienced Editor in Chief of SELF to be responsible for the editorial direction, audience development, brand strategy, and operations, overseeing all content and brand extensions. You will also partner with colleagues in sales, marketing, finance, and other divisions to develop and execute a robust business strategy that is aligned with the editorial vision and brand values.
You should have extensive experience managing content creation, brand strategy, and operations across all platforms, including digital, social, video, audio, licensing partnerships, and experiences, as well as experience working collaboratively within a matrixed organization. You should have a proven track record building and leading teams with diverse backgrounds.
The Editor in Chief will work with the Condé Nast U.S. Global Chief Content Officer on strategy, style guidelines, and representing the brand. The right candidate will conceptualize engaging, relevant content by generating original and creative ideas.
- Team Leadership and Management
- Grow and guide the success of the brand
- Lead a diverse team of over 20 highly skilled editorial, audience development, and creative workers and managers, including dotted-line management of embedded team members from centralized divisions
- Prioritize diversity and inclusivity in hiring, management, employee development, and retention
- Oversee brand operations to keep production on time and within budget
- Collaborate with the finance team on budget and hiring plans
- Represent the brand in internal and external events
- Work with the communications and marketing teams to develop press and marketing strategies for the brand, with an emphasis on growing brand recognition and affinity
- Editorial and Brand Strategy
- Define an editorial strategy for the brand that is culturally relevant and socially aware
- Work in tandem with the Condé Nast leadership team to produce content that meets Condé Nast standards and expectations
- Ideate and conceptualize content that speaks to a diverse and highly engaged audience
- Execute these editorial strategies to deliver content through all channels
- Oversee content production on all channels and platforms while maintaining the highest quality journalism and standards of excellence
- Build audiences for the brand by partnering with teams to drive audience growth and engagement
- Assign and top-line edit content across all platforms
- Business Development
- Encourage collaboration and overcome creative challenges while simultaneously meeting business objectives
- Work with relevant stakeholders in sales, marketing, video, licensing, creative, and other divisions to develop revenue opportunities that are aligned with brand and editorial values and standards, including sponsored or branded content, affiliate and e-commerce revenue, events, strategic partnerships, and brand licensing, among others.
- Continue to build event strategy in collaboration with the business side to ideate and execute original, brand-appropriate events
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in building a culture of trust and inclusion
- Demonstrated success in producing culturally relevant content for diverse communities
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading teams in digital, video, and social media
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional content in a multi-channel environment
- Experience in leading through organizational and cultural change
- Demonstrated history of an innovative approach to using digital tools
- Strong business acumen, excellent editing and proofreading skills, networking and interpersonal skills, and the ability to guide a team towards business goals
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities