George Zornick, HuffPost's Senior National Editor Posted
"NEW: Please come work with me on HuffPost’s national desk as deputy editor.
It’s a versatile group of outstanding reporters that do quick, news-driven coverage as well as enterprise reporting. Working with them is a joy every day - apply!"
The HuffPost team is looking for a deputy editor on the national desk, to support a senior editor and help manage and edit a team of roughly 15 reporters who cover policy and politics. They're looking for someone who can see a story through from beginning to end, taking a kernel of an idea from a reporter and shaping it into the best possible piece. You will not only be able to sharpen and shine prose, but be able to help conceive of story ideas on several beats. Beats on the desk include criminal justice, labor, politics, climate, abortion, right-wing extremism and more.
- Regularly meet with reporters to brainstorm creative, news-making ideas and help develop their beats
- Aid reporters in creating reporting plans that achieve comprehensive stories
- Edit drafts from reporters of all experience levels
- Handle everything from breaking news to long features and investigative work
- Work with audience, art, front page and public relations teams to make sure the stories are packaged and promoted for maximum impact
- Coordinate with other editors and teams across the newsroom to help ensure HuffPost's coverage is targeted and efficient
- Assist senior editors with management of the national desk team
- 2+ years of experience editing enterprise stories and features
- Worked in a breaking news environment, with experience in investigative journalism
- Experience juggling shorter on-the-news stories with longer enterprise projects
- Story ideas that can break through the news cycle and make a difference
- Know how to bring out the best in reporters
- Familiarity with HuffPost and its national desk coverage
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
Note: This role can be Remote based within the U.S. Monday to Friday, and may occasionally involve evening or weekend work to cover large news events outside of those hours.
Click Here To View Full Details and To Apply
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities