You are a food-obsessed, idea-generating editor with at least six years editorial experience, then Delish Magazine's Senior Editor position might be for you.
We’re the fastest-growing food brand on the Internet. Delish was built on the idea that you don’t have to know how to cook, you just have to love to eat. Six years later, this still rings true as we bring people together through food.
Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative Senior Editor to help shape and sharpen the brand’s non-recipe content. This role reports to the Executive Editor and is responsible for helping hone the digital content, ensuring editorial excellence and developing enterprising ideas to push the Delish POV forward. The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker who can also thrive in the everyday: top-editing junior editors, overseeing daily content production, and implementing winning strategy.
Resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day digital content production, from of-the-moment food news and SEO explainers to larger features
- Pitch and develop engaging content that’s timely, fun, thoughtful, and fits Delish’s visual identity and voice
- Mentor and top-edit two writer/editors, workshopping pitches, and stories to ensure editorial excellence
- Collaborate with print, video, and social teams to create, execute, and promote editorial packages, key brand initiatives, and memberships
- Partner with SEO manager to identify opportunities and execute a search-based content strategy with strong YoY traffic gains
- Develop tactics around exclusive, for-members-only digital content beyond recipes
- Assign stories to established and up-and-coming food writers
Who You Are:
- You are a food-obsessed, idea-generating editor who’s highly adept at shaping digital-friendly content, with at least six years of professional editorial experience.
- You have solid editing, story packaging, and brainstorming skills.
- You’re a natural team leader, ready to mentor and inspire a growing team.
- You’re a team player, who’s not afraid up their sleeves.
- You’re hyper-organized, always on top of a fast-changing team schedule and can gracefully balance many deadlines.
- You have an understanding of Google, social analytics, and SEO. Experience with affiliate programs preferred.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.