End of the Year Freelance Opportunities for Freelancers Like Me
Róisín Lanigan, Editor and writer at i_D Magazine is calling for the final pitches call of 2021.
I am open for @i_D commissions for December! pitch me on internet culture, film+tv, work+money, and beauty. email in bio and submission guidelines here: i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/…
Celeste Little, senior editor of black parenting at Parents Magazine
@ocaelo: hey twitter. i’m senior editor of black parenting at parents.com and we’re looking for pitches from black writers! we want your reported stories on everything and (almost) anything at the intersection of blackness and parenting. please, dm me for more details. Email Celest: email@example.com. Rates start at $250 and will go up to $350 for longer, more in-depth pieces.
Everyday Health is Looking for freelance writers of Color Writers to cover topics including Black hair and scalp health and dermatology.
Hoping to onboard MULTIPLE freelancers, so please don't feel like you have to know about all of these topics! Looking for writers with experience writing for health-minded pubs citing medical research and experts. I have stories to assign but I'm also open to pitches. International writers are welcome. Rates start at $375 per piece. Open until the end of 2021. (Email: Monroe Hammond, Associate Editor at Everyday Health)
We’re currently looking for pitches for several destinations for the next issue of JRNY Travel Magazine (due out in May) and would love to hear from you if you have ideas for any of the following places:
- UK: We’d particularly like to hear about less obvious places – or new takes on familiar ones – in the UK. However, please do not send pitches for the following: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Yorkshire, cycling or hiking.
- Wildlife: Southeast Asia or Europe: We’re looking for a wildlife piece about a destination in Southeast Asia or Europe, with a particular interest in angles outside of the more usual wildlife experiences. Please make sure that any pitches are for humane, ethical activities (so no elephant riding, please!). We will consider most destinations in these regions, with the exception of Republic of Ireland, Spain, Gibraltar, Romania and Malaysia.
- Australasia: We’re open to any destinations in the region and would, as always, particularly love to see unusual or interesting angles.
All articles will need to be around 1,800 to 2,000 words, plus a small fact file (details to be provided on commission), with submission by the end of January 2022. The fee for these articles is a minimum of £250 up to a maximum of £350. Full details will be provided on commission.
Pitch guidelines: please read before submitting
- At JRNY we’re particularly interested in adventure, exploration and a real sense of place – so less-visited destinations and new takes on familiar places are right up our street. Please don’t send pitches for articles about accommodation, resorts or luxury travel.
- If you haven’t done so already, it will help to have a look at our first issue to see the kind of focus we have.
- Pitches should be addressed to Emma and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 26 November.
- Please include both ‘pitch’ and the destination name in your email subject, e.g. Germany wildlife pitch. (If you forget to do so, please resend with the correct subject as it may be deleted.)
- Keep pitches to no more than 300 words.
- Only pitch for one destination per email. So if you want to pitch for both the UK and Australasia, for example, you’ll need separate emails for each.
- Tell us when you last travelled to the destination and/or when your trip there is planned for. If you have a particular link to the destination, please let us know.
- If you have photos of the destination that are of professional quality and sharp (taken with a pro DSLR or mirrorless camera at 300dpi), let us know. Smartphone photos won't be suitable.
- Include some brief information about yourself and your professional experience – who you’ve written for, links to a portfolio/website etc.
- Please only send in pitches for the destinations requested as any others will be deleted.
- If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com (please don't send pitches to this email address).
Leave a comment