Food Network Magazine Looking For Assistant Editor To Join Its Food Department
This person, who will report to the food director, is responsible for generating fun feature ideas and openers, as well as checking recipes for accuracy and style. The candidate must be organized, professional, and detail-oriented with a clear passion for food and food media. The ideal candidate has 1 year consumer magazine or digital experience in the food/lifestyle genre.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you will do:
- Generate fun story ideas, pitch and write copy for Calendar page, Recipe Index, section openers, various food features and columns.
- Monitor, oversee and organize recipe content, including recipe database.
- Transfer and style recipe files into the magazine’s publishing system.
- Check edited recipes against original recipes from test kitchens and assist with recipe research.
- Provide assistance as needed for cookbooks and other projects.
- Field reader recipe inquiries.
- Handle various administrative tasks, such as expense reports
Who you are:
- Minimum 1 year consumer magazine experience in the food/lifestyle genre
- Detail-oriented, creative and energetic team player
- A clear passion for food and food media
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related field
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities