Glamour is Looking For Associate Lifestyle Editor
Glamour is looking for an associate lifestyle editor to write/edit and help assign smart, authentic, engaging stories readers will want to devour and share. The ideal candidate will have big ideas and be plugged into the cultural conversations happening within various lifestyle categories including health and wellness, style, sex/relationships, career, and parenting.
This candidate must have a passion for the Glamour brand and an organic understanding of pillars as they pertain to content, a list that includes diversity and authenticity.
- Work with leadership to oversee lifestyle lineup by assigning, editing, and writing a mix of news, features, and SEO-driven content under the lifestyle umbrella
- Pitch and execute competitive, exciting reported features and essays readers can’t find anywhere else
- Have a deep understanding of the women’s lifestyle space and can identify what makes a compelling story
- Help grow freelancer network, making sure content is smart, elevated, and leading the lifestyle conversation
- Collaborate with the editorial team on large-scale projects and editorial series and packages
- Help with coverage during live events on the Glamour calendar, as well as large cultural moments
- Leverage analytics reporting and social data to develop ideas that will engage core readers and attract new ones
- Work with commerce team to create elevated, fun shopping content that builds revenue
- An ability to not only write but flawlessly edit copy and create compelling headlines with an eye to performance
- 2-3 of editing and writing experience at a professional website
- A proven track record of original reporting and writing/editing high-trafficked posts
- A roster of freelance writers as well as contacts across the lifestyle space
- Experience using content management systems and social media platforms
- Ability to identify a range of new voices for a diverse audience
- A collaborative spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and edit flawless copy and hit deadlines 100% of the time
- A whiz at headline writing and packaging
- Deeply plugged in to women’s- interest topics can identify online trends and mine social media for fresh ideas
- Seamlessly toggle between first-person voice and objective tone.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced digital environment
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Glamour