House & Garden Looking For Acting Features Editor (Maternity Cover)
House & Garden Looking For Talented Features Writer
House & Garden is looking for a talented features writer with experience in writing about interior design. Working closely with the deputy editor, the successful candidate will have a good grasp of the British interior design scene - from decorators to antiques dealers - and an innate understanding of what makes a good story. They will also have a track record of being able to take that idea, run with it and turn it into a ready-to-publish feature.
Depending on the skills and experience of the candidate, there is some flexibility on whether this is a full or part time position, and the number of days per week they are expected to come into the office.
- Managing the smooth running of the Lifestyle feature each month, which includes coming up with fresh ideas for candidates, going on photoshoots (which are sometimes outside London and require overnight stays), writing and some commissioning.
- Finding houses that are suitable for the magazine
- Contributing ideas and content to all pages produced by the small, hardworking features desk, from news stories to design supplements.
- Writing and uploading stories to the House & Garden website
Essential skills and requirements
- an address book bursting with great contacts
- experience of bringing features ideas from initial concept to finished story
- some experience in digital publishing would be useful, although not imperative
- A passion for, and understanding of, House & Garden’s core subjects: interiors, design, architecture, craft.
- Impeccable editorial judgement and written and verbal communication skills.
- a willingness to muck in and be part of a team and get on with what needs to be done.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Cosmopolitan Has New Opening For Assistant Beauty Editor
The Pioneer Woman Seeking Food Editor
Leave a comment