New York Magazine is Seeking Features Editor to Help Create Excellent Long-Form Feature Content in the Tone and Editorial Sensibility
The Editorial team is at the core of everything New York Magazine does. Editors aim to create stories and magazine events that are sharp, provocative, memorable, useful, and, at turns, both playful and serious; the magazine aims to arm readers with the knowledge necessary to navigate a fast-moving culture, as well as deliver the unexpected and literary pleasures of award-winning magazine journalism.
What you'll do:
- Assign and edit long-form features for New York's five digital verticals and its biweekly print magazine
- Pitch story ideas, and writers for them, constantly
- Oversee special packages and issues of the magazine
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Editor in Chief
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as an editor, including feature editing. In particular: coaching writers through all stages of the reporting and writing process, including securing access to interview subjects, and working with a writer through multiple drafts.
- Track record of assigning stories and packages that people talk about and remember for years to come.
- A deep list of writer contacts and commitment to refreshing the list endlessly.
- Ability to generate ideas frequently—both off the news and off-beat, but always sharply honed, imaginative, and sophisticated.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Visit The Stylists Suite For More Job Opportunities