The Commerce News and Deals Team at Dotdash Meredith Seeking Writer
The Commerce News and Deals team at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a smart, sharp writer to craft shopping stories at the intersection of celebrity, fashion, and beauty for PEOPLE.com. They need someone who understands online shopping, affiliate content, and the PEOPLE voice — and, of course, how to hunt down a good deal on the internet.
They will pitch and write multiple stories per week from an editorial point of view, telling readers about the products celebrities use (and similar styles) and amazing deals they’ve found on the things readers love most. Most importantly, they’ll use affiliate links in these stories so that customers can purchase those products. The right candidates will be knowledgeable about shopping online, parsing data to make informed pitch decisions, and search keyword-driven content.
This is a 40-hour/week contract position with competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience. The right candidate will have the option to continually extend their contract and may have the opportunity to join the team full-time. Writers must be based in the U.S. and be comfortable working remotely. Only applications that include cover letters will be considered.
- Write at least two shopping stories per day for PEOPLE.com, moving quickly to keep up with the pace of news and making timely decisions that keep the needs of the team moving forward.
- Craft creative and thoughtful pitches related to timely topics, celebrity happenings, sale events, and more.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with writers and editors on this team and others to meet shared objectives.
- Reach out to high-quality experts to provide background information and quotes as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
- A strong editorial writer well-versed in a variety of product categories.
- Knowledgeable about shopping, celebrities, and the PEOPLE.com voice.
- Experienced with commerce content and affiliate linking.
- Familiar with SEO and affiliate linking best practices.
- Comfortable with digital media tools such as CMSes and Google Analytics.
- Ready to take on new challenges, identify and seize new opportunities, and step up to handle tough issues.
- Ideally, you have 2+ years related experience and a bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
Part of the Commerce team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: You can comfortably deal with change and can decide/act without the total picture. You remain calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Nimble Learning: You’re eager to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: You want to seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. You show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Writing Opportunities