Rolling Stone is Seeking A Weekend News Editor
Rolling Stone, the leading voice of music and popular culture for more than 50 years, is adding an experienced editor to oversee its website on the weekends — and to report, assign and edit news stories from around the world.
Join the fun, fast-paced, talented team. You’ll be the editor overseeing the newsroom during the weekends; during the rest of your week you will edit stories on entertainment, culture, and more. The ideal candidate is able to work independently, has impeccable news judgment, and is able to write and edit stories of interest to diverse communities in a smart and sensitive way. This candidate also should be able to analyze social data to identify trends, and respond to breaking stories quickly, accurately and with style.
- Keep tabs on breaking entertainment, music, and politics news
- Report, write, assign, and edit stories on internet culture, crime, politics, music, and more
- Manage, schedule and post content on social platforms
- Write engaging headlines
- Brainstorm ideas with other reporters and editors
- Ability to work US weekend hours
- Fluency in digital news gathering tools
- The ability to juggle several stories and projects at the same time and keep a cool head under pressure
- Experience with analytics, social media management tools and basic photo/graphic/video editing skills are a plus.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Rolling Stone