The Hollywood Reporter Searching For General Assignment Reporter/Writer
The Hollywood Reporter is searching for a general assignment reporter/writer with experience covering breaking news to join award-winning, multiplatform coverage team. The successful candidate will be a versatile reporter who has spent time working in a fast-paced newsroom, writing engaging, informative, accurate stories on tight deadlines. They will have sources and key contacts in the entertainment industry as well as intersecting topic areas, such as law enforcement and legal contacts.
- Identify and quickly react to breaking news as well as trending topics and viral social posts driving the conversation in the entertainment industry. This could include a variety of topics, from new show announcements to casting news to crime stories and politics.
- Collaborate with other beat reporters to break or confirm news stories on deadline.
- Pitch ideas for daily coverage as well as follow-up/second-day stories with unique angles and fresh reporting, and longer-term enterprise content.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Occasionally may be asked to help cover some entertainment industry events such as awards shows.
- At least 3-5 years of experience researching, reporting and writing for a news outlet
- Strong writing, self-editing and interviewing skills
- Excellent news judgment and communication skills
- Knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms, and basic understanding of other digital publishing and analytics tools
- The preferred candidate will have sources in entertainment as well as relationships with law enforcement, attorneys, politicians, etc.
- Bilingual a plus
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For To read More About The Hollywood Reporter