The New Yorker Looking For Staff Writer
The Staff Writer will contribute daily news and other writing. Strong research and reporting skills are a must, as is flexibility with scheduling.
- Monitor news feeds and work with editors to identify possible stories.
- Research and report daily news stories.
- Use CMS to build posts, manage social media, and other tasks related to the day-to-day editorial process.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree and at least 2-3 years writing experience
- Enthusiastic about the brand
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and the ability to work in a fast paced/deadline oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Ability to anticipate needs and have extreme follow-through