The Wall Street Journal is Looking For Visual Storytelling Editor
The Wall Street Journal is Seeking a Senior Editor to Lead its Off-Platform Team and Drive Storytelling Across Vertical Distribution Channels
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a senior editor to lead its off-platform team and drive storytelling across vertical distribution channels — including Google, Instagram and Snapchat — while facilitating collaboration between the social-media team and wider newsroom.
You will manage the Journal’s daily output on Instagram, Google Web Stories and Snapchat Discover, executing vertical-storytelling projects with an eye toward integrating them into the core product. You will publish and optimize visually driven content, understanding where and how it appears on specific channels.
The job includes close coordination with our editors, reporters, visuals and product teams to initiate experiments and distribute stories effectively across a wide range of platforms, including our core mobile app. You will lead a group of editors to develop the Journal’s visual approach across various channels, creating compelling multimedia packages and finding opportunities to serialize features.
- Oversee duties related to the daily production of Google Web Stories, Instagram Stories and Snapchat Discover editions, including setting the news lineup, commissioning visuals and scripting stories.
- Write and edit social-media copy with the utmost deference to our journalism, ensuring accuracy and clarity above all else. Proven experience as a news editor is a plus.
- Attend relevant planning meetings to identify stories with a potential for off-platform audiences.
- Work hand in hand with desktop and mobile editors to maintain a unified publishing schedule.
- Collaborate with our audience editors to ensure the Journal’s visually driven stories are executed effectively across on- and off-platform channels to reach new and existing subscribers.
- Undertake social/visual training for new team members as well as the rest of the newsroom.
- Initiate measurable off-platform experiments in vertical storytelling and communicate learnings.
- Establish goals and benchmarks for each platform, using audience data to help evolve content decisions that improve performance
- Work with third-party platforms to fully utilize the potential of the platforms and deepen engagement.
- At least four years of experience working at the intersection of social media and journalism.
- Demonstrated experience crafting journalism on visual-first platforms, especially Instagram, Google Web Stories and Snapchat.
- Understanding of audience behavior on Snapchat, Instagram and other social channels.
- Demonstrated ability to engage audiences off platform and reach new readers of the Journal.
- Experience overseeing or producing a Snapchat Discover product, Instagram Stories/Reels or a TikTok account a plus.
- Sound editorial judgment and a clear understanding of WSJ’s publishing standards.
- Understanding of and familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools.
The Visual Storytelling Editor will report to the Social/Off- Platform Editor. You will likely start this position remotely but eventually be based in our New York office.
Click Here For More Details and To Apply
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Amanda Gorman Graces Wall Street Journal's Fall Fashion Cover
W Magazine is Seeking A Full-Time Senior Social Media Editor
Variety is Looking For Social Media Editors. You Should Apply!
Leave a comment