Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing original reported wellness stories (both short turnaround and longer lead), evergreen service content, and trend pieces on topics like sleep, stress, nutrition, and fitness. Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this feature on wellness-focused getaways, this service piece on the best self-care practices for your zodiac sign, and this trend story on the Sakara meal delivery program. A passion for wellness and an innate ability to trendspot in the field are crucial.
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and cite peer-reviewed studies. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Executive Editor.
- Write 5-6 500+word stories per week, comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Stay up to date on the latest health research, wellness trends, and influential thought leaders to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years’ experience covering health and wellness topics at an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
- Comfort covering sensitive topics
- A sense for what makes a TZR story
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities