The Zoe Report Looking For Beauty Shopping/News Writer
TZR is Seeking Remote, Part-Time Writer To Cover Beauty News and Shopping
Day-to-day responsibilities include scanning, pitching, and writing news stories ranging from product launches to celebrity style as well as original reported shopping stories which encompass a mix of evergreen, service-driven, and trend stories. The candidate must be well-versed in the topics of skin care, makeup, hair, nails, and body care as well as a passion for all things related to beauty. An innate ability to trendspot and be the first to cover the news are crucial to this role. The candidate must be able to write quickly without compromising the integrity of the content as well as be able to juggle multiple stories at once (short turnaround and longer lead). Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this celebrity news story: Dua Lipa Just Debuted 2022’s Coolest Makeup Trend; hair trend story: Hair Contouring Is Shaping Up To Be 2022’s Answer To The Money Piece Trend; and product roundup: December’s Best Hair Care Launches.
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources and conduct phone or email interviews. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (i.e. makeup artists, estheticians, and hairstylists) is preferred.
Candidates must have availability to work 2-4 days per week during business hours, EST. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the beauty news editor throughout their shift.
- Write 6-8 350- to 500-word stories per week, comprising a mix of news stories and evergreen stories from both pitches and assignments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest beauty trends and research diverse, influential thought leaders to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Attend virtual desksides and events related to product launches and beauty news
- Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering beauty topics at an online publication
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SEO and social best practices
- Ability to write quickly without compromising brand integrity or mission
- An energetic spirit, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency to deliver news to devoted readers
- Knowledge of AP style
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Bustle Has New Opening For Entertainment News Writer
Oprah Daily Looking For News & Culture Writer
The Wall Street Journal Looking For Newsletter Writer
Leave a comment