The Zoe Report Seeking a Senior-Level Beauty Editor
The Zoe Report is seeking a senior-level Beauty Editor to lead and shape TZR’s beauty vertical with informative, well-researched, and timely features that are forward-thinking and fresh takes on topics that span the beauty realm. Working closely with the EIC, the vertical lead will be creative, strategic, and agile in shaping the site’s beauty coverage, actively looking for exclusive coverage opportunities and interviews with notable sources and talent to distinguish TZR’s beauty vertical from its competitors.
The editor will spearhead the department, from planning the editorial lineup, managing a team of on-staff editors and freelance writers, to packaging upcoming issues and tentpole initiatives, all while nimbly moving between editing, assigning, and writing features. The ability to manage short and long-term deadlines is pivotal.
Ensuring diverse POVs and range is key when planning out the content. From seeking out diverse contributors, sources, and talent to feature, as well as maintaining a variety of stories (i.e. service-driven, product reviews, brand profiles, runway reports, personal essays, trend breakdowns, etc.), the editor will prioritize providing the reader a multi-faceted view of beauty.
In addition to editorial duties, the editor will also lead any special projects and initiatives related to beauty such as TZR’s annual Beauty Awards.
- Assign, edit, and publish 12+ beauty features a week
- Manage a team of editors and freelance writers
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things industry via social media, brand relationships, active research, press releases, and exclusive announcements via your professional network
- Attend relevant industry events, with an eye for on-site or social coverage opportunities
- Closely monitor analytics tools to track performance, and adjust weekly and monthly strategy accordingly
- Constantly brainstorm with writers and fellow editors on methods to deliver feature content in exciting and creative ways
- Plan and execute our annual Beauty Awards, which acknowledges the best and brightest in beauty across hair, skin care, and makeup
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and fashion month
- Ease with working with members from other departments to achieve the goal
- 5-8 years of beauty writing and editing experience in digital media
- A solid network of contacts in the industry from major brands/agencies to emerging ones as well
- Experience managing a team of editors and writers
- Ability to ideate, pitch, write and edit quickly
- Keen understanding and advanced knowledge of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit larger feature stories thoroughly, keeping the brand’s voice and integrity intact
- Ease in attending events and networking with key players in the industry while representing the company
- Passionate about being the first to know what is happening in the beauty industry
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About The Zoe Report