The New Yorker Looking For An Executive Assistant to Work With its Editor
As the Editor's responsibilities are various—editing, writing, managing, hosting, and much more—his assistant must provide robust administrative and editorial support for this ongoing work, and handle special projects as they arise.
- Managing the Editor’s calendar, travel arrangements, and expenses.
- Providing feedback on pitches, article submissions, and drafts of New Yorker pieces.
- Conducting research for the Editor's interviews and reported pieces.
- Liaising with various New Yorker and Conde Nast departments.
- Planning office events
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years of post-graduate editorial and administrative experience.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibly, anticipate and solve problems, manage time effectively, and handle multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Deep familiarity and engagement with The New Yorker and its writers and artists, as well as with the magazine’s distinctive style and concerns amid the wider media and literary landscape.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About The New Yorker