Travel + Leisure Digital Team is Hiring a Skilled Digital Editor
Travel + Leisure Digital Team is Seeking a Passionate, Skilled Digital Editor to Help Execute Editorial Strategy
The Travel + Leisure digital team at Meredith delivers award-winning content that inspires and informs audience to travel more and travel better. Travel + Leisure seek a passionate, skilled Digital Editor to help execute editorial strategy that supports growth across traffic growth and revenue. This role will report to the Senior Editor.
The Digital Editor will:
- Work closely with the Senior Editor on ideating, pitching, writing, reporting, and managing content creation for a variety of daily and monthly initiatives, with an emphasis on supporting our SEO efforts and trend content.
- Ensure that all stories and spend are properly tracked in our editorial workflow daily
- Generate unique ideas, is enthusiastic about editing and writing, works collaboratively, and finds creative new ways to reach an audience via organic search
- Have experience leveraging data and insights to help information content creation.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, can readily take on new projects that directly impact our goals, and be ready to give 100 percent every day.
- Have analytical and editorial sensibilities with the ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints and with strong attention to detail
- Be a brand leader passionate about travel, luxury, and storytelling
You will have oversight of:
- A small monthly budget
- Specific channel/beats for which you will need to ensure content is published on a regular cadence
- Freelance writers
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the SEO team to produce content aligned with our strategy, including refreshing evergreen content
- Experience tracking keyword growth, reporting progress, and monitoring daily metrics
- Monitoring analytics tools daily to identify trends and opportunities for refreshed and new content pitches
- Editing and proofreading the work of freelancer contributors and optimize it for SEO best practices
- Spotting travel and/or lifestyle trends before they are widely covered
- Generating new ideas, skillfully crafting headlines, writing clever, compelling, expert, and error-free copy consistent with the brand voice and editorial standards, and ensuring all copy is turned in on deadline
- Keeping on top of trends in luxury travel and pinpoint angles our readers will engage with
- Helping T+L highlight new voices and advance our important DE&I initiatives
- Collaborating across departments as needed
The ideal candidate will have the ability to craft well-written stories aimed at driving significant traffic through SEO channels, and spot travel trends and viral story ideas before they are widely covered, especially around global experiences and trip ideas.
Essential Job Functions
- Ideate, pitch, plan, assign/edit, write content for daily and long-lead efforts supporting our SEO and trend reporting strategy to grow audience and deepen engagement across site, social, and newsletters.
- Manage small monthly budget and freelancers.
- Build content in our CMS, utilize Google trends/analytics and other web-based data insights tools daily
Other project-based assignments as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- Relevant education in Communications, Journalism, English, or a similar field
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing digital original content for a lifestyle or travel website
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Digital content workflow tools, such as AirTable or Google Docs/Sheets
- Insights and research tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Trends, SEMRush, Chartbeat, and CrowdTangle
- Proficient in using a CMS
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Must have excellent knowledge in the travel or luxury lifestyle industry
- Must be results oriented, focusing on audience growth.
- Must be able to communicate effectively; verbally, in writing, and in person.
- Must have the ability to make quick decisions confidently.
- Must be able to multitask and manage your time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment with multiple priority deadlines.
- Must have previous experience in digital editorial.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing Meredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith requires employees entering its workplaces or performing work offsite to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. This is a condition of employment unless an applicant is eligible, under applicable law, for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise required under applicable law.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Read More about Travel + Leisure on The Stylists Suite Page. Click Here.
Vogue is Hiring a Beauty Commerce Editor
Vanity Fair is Hiring a Visuals Editor
Leave a comment