Travel + Leisure Has New Opening For Commerce Writer
Travel + Leisure is looking for a full-time writer to cover timely, travel-related shopping content, including sale roundups, celebrity-approved items, single product reviews, and customer-loved pieces. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about travel and commerce-focused stories and who can create quality content and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This is a 40-hour/week contract position with competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience. The right candidate will have the option to continually extend their contract and may have the opportunity to join the team full-time. Writers must be based in the U.S. and be comfortable working remotely. Only applications that include cover letters will be considered. Candidates with significant e-commerce writing experience are especially encouraged to apply.
- Pitch and write 1-2 Commerce articles per day that generate affiliate revenue
- Identify and carry out commerce content opportunities within various lifestyle categories including fashion, beauty, wellness, and travel
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions
- Collaborate closely with numerous writers and editors on the T+L News and Deals team along with editors on the T+L edit team
- Monitor social media (TikTok, Instagram, etc.) for Commerce opportunities including celebrity style and viral products
- Build own content within the CMS
- Attend weekly editorial meetings that fall within the timeframe you’re working
- Passionate about travel with writing and commerce experience
- Knowledge of the travel space and enthusiasm for shopping and finding the best products out there to enhance a trip
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of SEO practices
- Strong writer, capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the brand voice, values, and style in mind
- Self-starter who can pivot seamlessly as new initiatives and directives are identified
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
We expect Commerce Writers to apply these competencies to their role:
- Decision-Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the needs of their vertical moving forward. This may happen in the absence of complete information but one may call upon analysis, experience, and judgment to make these decisions.
- Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Balance own interests while being fair to others, partners with others to get work done, and credits others for their contributions/accomplishments.
- Action-Oriented: Readily take action on new challenges, identify and seize new opportunities. Display a can-do attitude and step up to handle tough issues.
- Resourcefulness: Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently. Apply resources to get things done, manage multiple activities, and get the most out of limited resources.
Part of the Commerce Team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: Deal comfortably with change and can decide/act without the total picture. Remains calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: Actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. Show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities