USA TODAY is Seeking A Versatile Digital-First Reporter
USA TODAY is Looking a Versatile Digital-First Reporter to Play a Key Role on National News Desk at Nights
USA TODAY is looking for a curious self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, embraces tight deadlines and values collaboration with editors and reporters at USA TODAY and across their 250-plus local newsrooms.
You’ll need a sharp eye for finding smart angles in big news moments and the ability to quickly assemble those pieces into a concise package.
You’ll need to be versatile, too, regularly pivoting from one breaking story to another in the same day and rallying other days to issues-based reporting off the news.
This position can be remote, with preference for candidates in the western U.S.
Job Level: Reporter I
Minimum Salary: $55,000
- Create content (articles, videos, photos, and social media posts) about local news that accurately informs, entertains, and engages key audiences and platforms with metrics.
- Provide thoughtful, in-depth reporting of complex issues.
- Work with editors to evaluate what's working and what's not and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Mentor colleagues.
- Collaborate with content team to provide all appropriate elements for stories (i.e., photos, videos, and graphics).
- Promote personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provide great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in journalism or any other subject or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of reporting experience.
- Strong competitive instincts and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to think and act tactically and strategically.
- Proficiency in AP style and grammar.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Comfortable using social media to report and promote stories.
- Understands media law, reporting ethics and sourcing.
- This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check.
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show them what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Click Here To Read More and To Apply
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Complex is Looking For Editors and More. You Should Apply!
Bustle is Looking Remote, Part-Time Writers to Cover Trending Lifestyle News
The People Commerce Team is Seeking a Writer
Leave a comment