Vanity Fair Seeks an Ambitious and Energetic Editor to Join The Hive
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting newshound who can assign and edit daily and weekly stories, as well as longer features. This position reports to the Hive’s editor.
- Help lead the daily content charge on the Hive vertical, assigning and editing stories across a team of writers.
- Help writers shape their story ideas to go beyond the news of the day.
- Contribute to the creation of the daily Hive newsletter.
- Be ready to jump on breaking news as necessary, and participate in live coverage of debates, election nights, and other relevant live moments
- Use traffic data and social-media feedback to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth
- Partner with other key departments including photo, video, social, PR, audience development, etc.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
- Ability to balance daily deadlines with longer-lead stories across platforms
- Experience using a CMS to publish a high volume of daily content
- Knowledge of and passion for the personalities and dramas of the Hive’s core coverage areas
- Experience covering breaking news and/or current events on a digital platform
- Social media-savvy, and experience using social platforms to monitor conversations around major events
- Experience overseeing content from brainstorm to deployment— approving ideas, sourcing art, scheduling posts, promotion on newsletters and social, etc.
- Strong writing skills with ability to contribute great ideas
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Vanity Fair