Allure Seeking New Senior Editor. You Should Apply!
Allure is Looking a Senior Editor to Oversee Production of Evergreen Service Articles Across All Beauty and Wellness
The ideal candidate will be a strong, scientifically-minded editor with an existing roster of reliable freelance writers and experts. While experience editing beauty-specific content is preferred, any candidate with a deep knowledge of and interest in the latest beauty trends, services, and scientific innovations will be considered. This editor should also have a strong familiarity with SEO best practices and analytics tools that can be used to optimize content for search discovery.
- Assign, edit, and produce approximately 15 evergreen stories per month
- Work closely with the site and digital directors to execute SEO strategy in order to grow traffic and search equity
- Utilize digital tools like KWFinder, Google Trends, and Parse.ly to effectively optimize content, source story ideas, and review past content performance.
- Pitch evergreen stories, striking a balance between fresh new ideas and proven, growth-oriented topics that have performed well for Allure in the past.
- Manage a robust roster of freelance writers, including helping to insure those writers are meeting contracts and fulfilling other work expectations.
- Establish and maintain a board of medical reviewers for health-focused content, including administrative tasks such as onboarding.
- Act as a liaison/communicate regularly with the SEO team to establish an editorial calendar and consistent cadence for our evergreen service content
- Evaluate all content to ensure it meets Allure’s publishing standards for tone, fairness, and factual accuracy.
- Assist news editor with optimizing content during live award show and event coverage
- Stay informed on current trends and market in the beauty and wellness industries
- Appear on camera as needed for social media, video, and branded content campaigns
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years minimum writing/editing, ideally with a focus on beauty and wellness content
- Strong familiarity with implementing SEO best practices, including keyword research, headline optimization, and using analytic tools to gauge performance
- Experience working with a team of writers
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience publishing a high volume of content in a CMS
Visit The Stylists Suite Page To Read More About Allure
Chlöe Bailey Graces Cover of Allure's June/July Issue
Deepika Padukone Graces Cover of Allure's Global Beauty Issue
Allure is Looking An Associate Commerce Editor
Leave a comment