DotdashMeredith is Seeking A Remote Content Update Editor For Better Homes & Gardens
As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers, who work on sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure accuracy of all of the content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, DotdashMeredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. They are focusing the hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects their mission for racial equity in everything they do.
DotdashMeredith is looking for editors who can commit to 20-40 hours a week of work. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada. The rate for this position is $25/hour.
About Your Contributions:
In this role, you will:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- At least 3 years experience writing or editing for home and lifestyle brands, preferably for a digital brand or magazine
- You have a strong editorial background in home design, home renovation, food, and/or gardening.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- Comfortable with content management systems, including Wordpress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities