Better Homes & Gardens Has New Opening For Associate Commerce Editor
The Better Homes & Gardens commerce team is seeking an Associate Commerce Editor to update and edit home and lifestyle-related product roundups and reviews. The ideal candidate is a digitally savvy editor who is equally passionate about researching home products and creating engaging editorial content.
As the site’s Associate Commerce Editor, you will be responsible for writing research and testing-based roundups in the home category, editing content from network of freelancers and in-house writers, updating existing content with fresh data or new product releases, publishing new content and updates in CMS, and tracking and reporting the success of all editorial efforts. This job requires both analytical and editorial skills to help you provide readers with trusted recommendations tailored to their budgets and needs. This role reports to the senior editor on the Better Homes & Gardens commerce team.
About Your Contributions
- Help write, edit, and publish new commerce content on Better Homes & Gardens, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge, and internal Lab and home testing data to back your editorial approach.
- Make regular updates to existing content based on out of stocks and traffic and revenue performance.
- Assist in testing process, whether evaluating products at home, writing up results, attending lab testing days, or gathering insights from testers or community members.
- Participate in editorial meetings and pitch ideas for new content.
- Stay current on trends and new products.
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts.
- Work with editorial counterparts to curate and promote best content via newsletters, across site landing pages, and on social platforms.
- Communicate effectively throughout the organization on goals and objectives.
- 2+ years writing or editing experience at an online publisher, ideally in the home or lifestyle spaces
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases
- Passionate about products that help make a home functional, beautiful, and a happy place to be.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid writing and editing skills, as well as a deep understanding of what works on the web
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the Better Homes & Gardens’s voice, values, style, and audience in mind
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- Proven aptitude for communicating and collaborating with both remote editorial workers and in-house editorial team members
- Bachelor’s degree required
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities