The New Yorker Has New Opening For Culture Editor
Michael Luo, Editor at The New Yorker Posted:
"Dream job alert! @newyorker is looking for a Culture Editor, who will help lead our cultural coverage across the Web site and print magazine. https://condenast.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CondeCareers/job/1-World-Trade-Center-New-York-NY/Culture-Editor--The-New-Yorker_R-09471-1"
The New Yorker is seeking an energetic, visionary editor to help lead cultural coverage across the Web site and the print magazine. This is a new role that calls for a skillful editor who is attuned to a broad range of cultural pursuits and is especially thoughtful about digital strategy.
Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered.
- In partnership with senior leadership of the magazine, create a unified vision for The New Yorker’s cultural coverage and how it is presented to readers online, including commentary and criticism, reporting, interviews, and recommendations.
- Oversee the magazine’s daily cultural report, insuring that there is a strong editorial mix and that the work is of the highest quality.
- Help generate ideas for stories, regular coverage, and critical essays.
- Keep abreast of developments in cultural life from film to books, television to theatre, and more.
- Be a strong, collaborative, and empathetic manager and editorial leader.
- Read widely to identify and recruit new writers of talent and diversity and help them thrive once they are here.
- Assign and edit a mix of reporting, commentary, and criticism by staff and contributing writers and other contributors.
- Lead a team of editors and assist with their career development.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least ten years of experience as a culture editor, reporter, or writer.
- A proven track record of leading teams of editors and writers.
- Ability to edit long-form reported features, as well as cultural criticism and commentary, essays, and personal histories, with speed, skill, and clarity.
- Relationships with a diverse network of writers.
- Deep familiarity with The New Yorker, its style, and its writers.
- Ability to respond quickly and decisively to cultural events and suggest original and interesting story ideas and angles of coverage.
- Strong diplomatic skills and ability to manage a variety of stakeholders.
- Willingness to work some early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities
Health Looking For Content Update Editor
Good Housekeeping Seeking Commerce Editor
The Pioneer Woman Has New Opening For Senior Food Editor
Leave a comment