Good Housekeeping Is Looking For An Enthusiastic Commerce Editor
Good Housekeeping is looking for an enthusiastic Commerce Editor to write, edit and develop gift, home and holiday content for the digital arm of the world’s largest women’s lifestyle magazine.
Reporting to the Senior Home Editor and working closely with the team’s Associate and Assistant Editors, the ideal candidate has a strong background in lifestyle product roundups, service writing and gift guides, and is a versatile, data-motivated writer/editor.
Good Housekeeping is looking for an innovative and digital-savvy thinker who can be resident expert in discovering click-y new gifts and buzzy products to feature in gift guides, home décor shopping roundups and other style-based e-commerce stories, hunting for new ideas and tracking down trends in the lifestyle spaces audience cares about.
The brand will also rely on this editor to take the lead on its overall gift guide strategy and work closely with the Digital Director and SEO manager to strategize the best ways to meet and exceed Good Housekeeping’s e-commerce goals.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
- Write, edit, and update commerce content to reflect seasonal SEO trends and other brand goals.
- Support search and commerce goals with a flexible mindset and the ability to change course quickly.
- Pay attention to content performance and digital trends on a daily basis to constantly adjust pitching strategy and packaging.
- Create shopping guides that are digestible, shoppable and highly authoritative.
- In addition to the experts in the Good Housekeeping Institute, identify reliable sources, retailers, lifestyle tastemakers and brands — you will be directly influencing what readers purchase.
- Utilize CMS tools, strategically select photos and videos, and request original graphics to optimize all written content for maximum engagement, affiliate revenue, reader retention, and shareability.
- Conduct market work for gift guides and own gift guide strategy.
- Work with Hearst’s SEO and eCommerce teams to closely track KPIs, and share insights with the editorial team.
- Stay on top of the latest home, gift, and product news.
Who You Are
- 5 years of experience creating traffic-generating lifestyle content, with a focus on home products and service
- A whip-smart writer and strong market editor with a sense of humor and a clear, concise editorial voice
- Comfortable in a fast-paced digital environment
- Experience working within content-based affiliate operations at a digital media brand.
- A proven ability to present and package content in engaging and unique ways
- An analytics obsessive, who can translate data into editorial action — familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is key
- A whiz when it comes to SEO best practices
- A team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, and deadline-oriented, and willing to pitch in whenever needed
- A strong visual eye and knack for highlighting unique lifestyle products with sales potential
- Bachelor's degree
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities