Epicurious Is Seeking An Associate Food Editor
Epicurious develops new, original recipe content each month, in addition to maintaining an archive of tens of thousands of recipes from Gourmet, Bon Appétit, and cookbooks. The Epicurious Associate Food Editor is responsible for overseeing all new recipe creation, while also working across platforms to generate social and video content to highlight new work. They will also assist the work of the Food department by cross-testing recipes to ensure accuracy before publication.
Epicurious’s recipe content is completely interwoven with the editorial mission of Epicurious, and is reflected in the perspectives of our editors, photo, and art teams. They rely on staff to generate recipe and story ideas, and the Associate Food Editor will be integral to both pitching and helping to bring those recipes to life. The food and editorial teams of Epicurious and Bon Appetit work closely together and, as needed, work may extend across both brands.
The Associate Food Editor will report into the Deputy Food Editor, and work closely with the Epicurious Digital Director. This role will be an integral part of the Epicurious editorial team (and will work alongside the Bon Appétit food team). This position requires excellent written skills, solid technical food knowledge and culinary training, attention to detail, patience, and collaboration. Strong candidates will possess hands-on professional cooking experience, with some editorial or writing experience. This is a cross-platform role; a person in this position will work across digital, social, and video channels.
- Develop original recipe content for Epicurious
- Collaborate on and test recipes contributed by chefs, video hosts, and outside recipe developers, being their primary point of contact
- Update existing recipes or develop new ones to align with the brand’s SEO initiatives
- Oversee all aspects of recipe workflows through the various stages of content creation, tracking calendar deliverables across edit and photo departments, working closely with Deputy Editor and Epicurious’s editorial team
- Work closely with other Food Editors to cross-test and troubleshoot recipes
- Produce finished dishes for tastings and review while strictly adhering to editorial deadlines
- Write and edit recipes in accordance with Bon Appétit and Epicurious house language style
- Pitch ideas, brainstorm, research, collaborate, and help solve challenges with the rest of the food team, regardless of story assignment
- Create content that lives across all Epicurious platforms, including writing technique-focused stories that tie back to recipes, as well as creating social and video content
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3–5 years experience in the culinary field, including time spent in professional kitchens and food media.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience developing recipe content that can live across platforms, including on the website, on social platforms, and on video
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities