Cosmopolitan Is Looking For Assistant Editor Who Loves Talking About All Things Beauty
Cosmopolitan is looking for a assistant editor who loves talking about all things beauty—and loves writing about them even more. From viral hair products and TikTok skincare hacks, to at-home nail treatments and celebrity makeup trends, the Cosmo beauty team strives to be an expert resource and educational database on the world of beauty. We prioritize inclusivity, authority, and relatability in our language and content, and our ultimate goal is helping all readers feel supported through rigorous reporting, informed product picks, and impactful storytelling.
The beauty team can break down the difference between high vs. low hair porosity, chemical vs. physical sunscreens, 3a curls vs. 4b hair—all while giving a Ted Talk on every known type of hormonal acne treatment. We want beauty to be a safe and fun space for everyone, and we’re excited to welcome a new assistant beauty editor who can help contribute their own voice, ideas, and vision to the team.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate, write, and build weekly SEO, e-comm, and evergreen beauty stories using internal analytics and data to optimize your content
- Contribute to each print issue by pitching ideas and writing stories as needed
- Regularly interview and work with top industry experts for print and digital stories
- Contribute fresh, unique ideas for both print and digital, from features to photoshoots to essays
- Represent the beauty team at industry events and desksides
- Maintain the setup and organization of the beauty closet, from unboxing mailers to executing beauty sales
- Oversee and manage any future beauty fellows or beauty interns
- 1-2+ years of experience with editing and/or writing for a consumer audience, with particular emphasis on beauty and/or wellness content
- Be based in the NYC area, or be willing to relocate
- Proven ability to receive and digest editorial feedback to improve work
- Can hit deadlines 100% of the time in a collaborative, quicker-paced environment
- Deep knowledge (or enthusiasm!) of beauty, beauty trends, and the beauty industry
- Experience with SEO best practices and/or are quick to learn and utilize Google Analytics and other data-analyzing tools
Good Housekeeping is Looking Temp Social Media Editor
For this six-month project, you will be helping manage social strategy and growth for Good Housekeeping on all social media platforms. Reporting to Senior Editor of Editorial Business Development, your primary goal is to help increase Facebook traffic for the brand, while also contributing ideas and creating content for Good Housekeeping’s TikTok and Instagram pages.
What You’ll Do:
- Help drive and revive Good Housekeeping’s Facebook traffic strategy.
- Continue to build and develop Good Housekeeping’s TikTok presence and collaborate with team members to create new content.
- Work with greater Good Housekeeping team on Instagram ideas.
- Educate the team on social strategy and weigh in on social story packaging.
- Meet with edit insights and video team members to develop and improve social strategies as needed.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of social media experience, preferably working for a magazine or digital media brand.
- You have a good understanding of analytics and experience working with social media scheduling and performance tracking tools.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention-to-detail skills.
- You are flexible and comfortable taking feedback.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a positive, professional attitude.
- You are enthusiastic about brand strategy and growth.
Popular Mechanics Seeking New Service and News Editor
Popular Mechanics—part of Hearst’s Enthusiast Group—is looking for an inquisitive, energetic, creative, and detail-obsessed writer and editor to find, create, oversee, and distribute stories and projects across site, magazine, social feeds, and all other channels. The service and news editor will work within Service and News team on stories that explain and demystify the core topics and relevant newsy events that audience obsessively wants to learn more about, as well as create explainers, how-tos, and other evergreen pieces that can be expediently updated to reflect whatever is current and exciting—plus enjoy the freedom to work on in-depth projects with long lead times.
You’ll combine your editing and writing background with a passion for and knowledge of the core interests of the Popular Mechanics community to help your team meet the group’s metrics. We primarily rate a story’s success on membership engagement, audience development, affiliate revenue, and its ability to efficiently be distributed across multiple platforms. Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Produce stories (written and edited) daily while simultaneously creating longer works for site, magazine, social feeds, and other channels
- Under the direction of Popular Mechanics' deputy editor, originate, plan, and publish content that meets performance metrics
- Stay on top of breaking news, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in our space
- Write and update stories on SEO-driven topics, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles
- Craft attention-grabbing headlines to reach current audience while also thinking of how to reach new users.
- Hit every deadline, crush every metric
- Two to four years of professional, post-grad experience writing and/or editing consumer content, or in content creation and distribution; a background in science, tech, machines, games, the outdoors, DIY, repair, maker culture, or anyplace obsessive curiosity leads is a big plus
- A strong writer and reporter who delivers clean, concise, and factually correct copy on deadline
- Experience publishing digital content within a CMS
- Metric-driven personality and familiarity with traffic-tracking systems like Google Analytics, Chartbeat, and Parse.ly
- A small network of writers to help the brand create compelling content regularly is a plus
- Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
- Ability to thrive while handling multiple projects, meeting all deadlines
Visit The Stylists Suite For More Job Opportunities