Food & Wine Seeking Commerce Editor
Food & Wine Has A New Opening For Commerce Editor. Apply Now!
Food & Wine is seeking a Commerce Editor to assign and edit food- and kitchen-related product roundups and reviews. The ideal candidate is a digitally savvy editor who is equally passionate about cooking and kitchen products. Culinary school and/or professional culinary experience or qualifications are a plus, and you’ll also be expected to participate in testing both at home and in Birmingham labs.
As the site’s Commerce Editor, you will be responsible for assigning and editing new content to network of top product reviewers, updating existing content with fresh data or new product releases, producing and publishing new content in CMS, and tracking and reporting the success of all editorial efforts. This job requires both analytical and editorial skills to help you provide readers with trusted recommendations tailored to their budgets and needs.
About Your Contributions
- Help assign, edit, and publish new commerce content on Food & Wine, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge, and internal lab and home testing data to back your editorial approach
- Prioritize equipment for testing and tailor testing methodology to each type of equipment
- Stay current on trends and new products, maintaining close contact with public relations agencies
- Source, test, and onboard new writers as needed; send out contracts and training materials and submit monthly invoices
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts with a good understanding of basic business KPIs such as growth conversion rates
- Use SEO tools and knowledge of the brand to come up with the next big content ideas
- Collaborate with the commerce, product testing, editorial, growth, and social teams to optimize the commerce library for our readers and search
- Communicate effectively throughout the organization on goals and objectives
- 3+ years writing or editing experience at an online publisher, ideally in the food space
- 2+ years of experience editing content
- A product enthusiast who spends time shopping and obsessing over purchases, particularly for the kitchen and entertaining
- Passionate about food, cooking, and drinks
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid editing skills, as well as a deep understanding of what works on the web
- Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs, all the while keeping the Food & Wine voice, values, and style in mind
- Self-starter who wants to work for a growing company
- College degree or equivalent experience required; culinary school or professional cooking experience a bonus
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities
People Looking For Commerce Editor
The Week Has New Opening For Staff Writer and UK News Editor. Apply Now!
W Magazine Seeking New Culture Editor. Apply Now!
Leave a comment