Hearst Magazines Has New Opening For Editor
Hearst Magazines Seeking Talented, Versatile Editor
Hearst Magazines is seeking a talented, versatile editor to work on a variety of lifestyle trade books and newsstand bookazine publications under global Hearst brands including, but not limited to, Car & Driver, Country Living, Delish, House Beautiful, Food Network, Good Housekeeping, HGTV, Men’s Health, Prevention, Town & Country, Woman’s Day, and Women’s Health.
The editor will project-manage their assigned publications from start to finish. They should be able to create a compelling topic lineup and a thoughtful, easy-to-navigate final product that both informs and entertains readers. The candidate must have a strong editorial vision informed by a combination of cultural awareness and an ability to understand relevant data, an ability to adapt new content under parent brand guidelines, excellent editing and writing skills, and have an open-minded, collaborative spirit.
The editor should be able to clearly express their editorial vision to the creative department, art directors, photo editors, and designers and be able to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders. The candidate must be able manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Independently edit 20 to 30 bookazines and books annually, managing their production from ideation to writing to editing to fact-checking to proofreading. This may include titles that are being created from scratch, titles that draw on Hearst archives, and reissued titles that require some text and image updates
- Co-manage or assist with additional editorial projects on an as-needed basis
- Access Hearst content database to identify content for use in books and bookazines
- Work with creative directors, designers, and photo editors to create comprehensive and compelling editorial ideas for branded content programs
- Work collaboratively with any partner clients as well as in-house teams
- Manage projects to make sure content is relevant and engaging, copy is clean, and deadlines are met
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of professional edit experience in print media; prior experience with editing books is a big plus, as is background in editing recipes or cookbooks and working knowledge of InCopy/InDesign and Woodwing
- You have exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- You have a strong editorial vision, are an excellent writer with solid knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- You have an aptitude and enthusiasm for managing multiple projects simultaneously and a meticulous adherence to deadlines, with the ability to prioritize within a deadline-driven environment
- You have a strong comfort level with being flexible within an entrepreneurial, fluid structure in a small and growing division
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving
- You love to read
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Editorial Opportunities
The New Yorker Seeking Social Media Engagement Editor
Esquire Has New Opening For Associate Style Commerce Editor
Homes & Gardens Seeking Ecommerce Editor
Leave a comment