Lindsay Holmes, Wellness & Travel Senior Editor at Huffpost Posted:
"We're hiring a Wellness Reporter on @HuffPostLife! If you know your way around a study, can sort through the B.S. of wellness culture and love writing service journalism on mental health, medical conditions, COVID, body image, fitness + more, apply here:"
Are you the type of writer who loves creating meaningful lifestyle service journalism that can have an instant impact on people’s lives? Are you a curious reporter who is comfortable interviewing experts and knows how to decipher a scientific study quickly and accurately? Are you a critical thinker who can debunk trends and be a trusted source of information? HuffPost is looking for a reporter with experience in lifestyle and health topics to write about all things wellness, including mental health, self-care, personal health, medical conditions, body image, human behavior, personality traits, fitness at every level and more.
Come join our growing team! HuffPost Life’s mission is to arm readers with the knowledge they need to take care of themselves so they can take on the world. With an audience that’s paying more attention to health than ever before, we strive to provide insightful and straightforward stories that make our readers feel validated and informed. We sort through all the B.S. of wellness culture by approaching each piece with actionable, relatable advice, a compassionate outlook and science-backed facts.
The ideal candidate is an experienced writer in the lifestyle and health service journalism space who can produce health stories with high editorial standards. If you’re an efficient writer who knows how to conduct great interviews with doctors, researchers and other health experts and translate their work into memorable, helpful and well-written stories for a general audience, you’re a great candidate for this position.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
- Pitch, report and write health and wellness service journalism stories
- Interview experts on health and wellness topics
- Stay on top of the latest health and wellness research and trends and actively pitch stories daily
- Package stories in smart and creative ways: sharp headline writing, SEO optimization, art and graphics selection, social media promotional language, etc.
- Update evergreen stories with new, relevant information
- Participate in brainstorms on health and wellness, as well as other lifestyle topics
- Work alongside other HuffPost Life team members to create smart stories and packages
- Analyze traffic and trends to inform new story ideas
- Work with the audience team to generate new story ideas and improve evergreen content
- Help to produce HuffPost Life’s wellness newsletter
- Work with the Senior Wellness Editor to develop coverage and strategy on a deadline
Part of what makes BuzzFeed, Inc. a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company and be part of a union.
- Experience reporting and writing health and wellness stories, with a preference for lifestyle service journalism
- Strong interest in mental health, self-care, medical conditions, body image, inclusive fitness and more
- Skill in reading scientific studies and sharing findings with an audience in a way that’s understandable and relatable
- Conscientious about writing stories that represent a diverse range of voices, communities and sources
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain flexible
- Genuine love for online media and wellness
- Firm understanding of the HuffPost audience and voice
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities