Input is looking for writers with a focus on one or more of the following: consumer tech news, gadgets and hardware, innovation, nerd/geek/internet culture, and investigative reporting around tech and the companies, people, and ideas driving technology forward.
Input is a consumer technology focused publication dedicated to bringing a new perspective on the most important, interesting, and vital stories from the world of innovation — on a platform that is uniquely modern, with voices that are authoritative, insightful, and cut through the noise.
You should have demonstrable professional daily writing experience (it’s okay if you’re just getting started or have written for smaller publications), a clear understanding of the 24/7 news cycle, and a ridiculous amount of excitement and energy. You should love going after a story or sharing something with an audience. You should be comfortable with a high volume and lots of incoming ideas / requests on a busy day. You should be very familiar with the way news travels on the web and social networks both as a consumer and as a creator.
The ideal candidate doesn’t need to have a ton of experience (though it definitely helps), but should most certainly have a knack for zeroing in on the heart of a story, and strong opinions and knowledge about their chosen subjects. This person must be able to source and create multiple pieces a day (not simply text, but mixed-media digital work in a variety of lengths / styles), work in a fast-paced newsroom, and deliver clean, accurate copy. The ideal candidate is capable of writing intelligently with a voice and point of view that honors the reader’s intellect.
Do you have a high metabolism for news? A fascination with the way things work? A sense of humor and a critical eye? If you’ve got these qualities and you also happen to be a knockout writer, they’d like to talk to you.Responsibilities
- Pitching and writing 3-5 reported stories per shift
- Proofreading and fact-checking your own work, prior to turning it in to your editor
- Working with editors on a per-project basis on personal essays and bigger feature reporting
- 2+ years reporting and writing experience in one of our areas of coverage (technology, gadgets, innovation and internet culture)
- Strong curiosity that drives you to get to the bottom of a breaking story fast
- Ability to turn in clean, bright, opinionated copy without significant editor handholding
- Experience tracking down sources and doing original reporting
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities