Vogue Business Has A New Opening For US Editor For New York Office
Vogue Business is seeking a US Editor in our New York office to contribute stories that help executives make sense of the fashion, beauty and luxury industries. The US Editor will be required to closely cover the US fashion industry, including monitoring news and developments at Capri, Tapestry, Ralph Lauren, PVH and other leading companies. The US Editor will be expected to develop and maintain a list of industry sources to feed their reporting. The right candidate is a journalist with a background in digital editorial operations, experience with news and fashion or business reporting.
A collegial personality and team-player mentality are essential as the job includes working with other members of the Vogue Business editorial team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate reporting experience
- Have experience working with digital tools including CMS and newsletter platforms
- Be confident working to very tight deadlines in a fast-moving digital newsroom
- Ability to juggle next-day news stories alongside investigative longer-format articles
- Have a growing network of personal contacts in fashion, beauty and luxury including business leaders, union, non-profit and advisory groups, government and trade organisation, fashion brands and manufacturers
- Have a deep knowledge of the fashion industry from small labels to big luxury conglomerates
- Have a global viewpoint — insight and networks beyond the US fashion industry is required
- Fluency in a second language is a plus, particularly in core luxury markets like Italian, French or Mandarin.
The US Editor will report into the Executive Americas Editor.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Editorial Director and Executive Americas Editor to write two articles a week, including at least one feature story on new trends in the fashion industry from a global market’s perspective and insightful, news-led articles
- Monitor and write news articles for Vogue Business social media platforms including Instagram and Twitter
- Be quick to pick up breaking news stories, and turn into tight, compelling articles for a global fashion professional audience
- Build and maintain sources across the fashion, business and government, and industry trade groups
- Regularly interview CEOs and high-profile executives of major fashion brands, trade organisations, industry leaders and advisory groups and major manufacturers and unions
- Collaborate with other editors and journalists and bring a can-do attitude to the workplace
- Source images, build and contribute to data-led charts and visuals to enhance our story-telling
- Help build Vogue Business’s coverage and profile by bringing new ideas to the platforms on which we present
- Host and build webinars, podcasts and events with key industry figures
- Collaborating with other members of the Vogue Business team for dual byline stories
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Solid reporting background, ideally with a global perspective
- Some knowledge of the fashion industry, though not essential if a candidate has the right business reporting skills
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles
- Ability to write copy to a high standard within tight deadlines
- A collaborative working style
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities