Windows Central is Seeking a Senior Editor
Matt Brown, Senior Editor at Windows Central Posted:
"We’re hiring! Windows Central is on the lookout for a new Senior Editor, focused on the world of PC hardware & software w/ a dash of PC gaming. It’s a fully remote position, all the details right here:
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!"
Windows Central’s Senior Editor is at the heart of the website’s “core” team, a small group of diehard Windows users and reporters, whose job it is to evaluate, review, and write about the latest products that our readers come to our learn about, as well as provide expert analysis on trends in the Windows ecosystem.
This editor is foremost a passionate Windows and PC enthusiast and subject matter expert. Secondly, the editor is a solid writer; the world will interact with their work through the articles they write, and experience in writing editorials and reviews of the latest gadgets is important. The Senior Editor also must be knowledgeable about the way that readers interact with modern review and editorial content, as a funnel for e-commerce.
The Senior Editor is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with many of the companies that work with Windows Central on a regular basis, including Microsoft, HP, Dell, Lenovo, Razer, Acer, and Samsung, just to name a few. These relationships are crucial to the health of the site and will ultimately mean the difference between receiving exclusive access to products, executives, and news. Existing relationships with said companies would be beneficial to the candidate.
The Senior Editor works with the rest of the core team, along with the Editor-in-Chief, to brainstorm, plan and execute stories that stand out from the relentless cycle of similar online content. This person is expected to show leadership potential and leads by example, including meeting deadlines, submitting clean copy, and having an adept editing hand with clear attention to detail.
Windows Central is an entirely remote working environment, and as such, the ideal candidate is familiar with modern tools and best practices for effective remote working. This application is open worldwide, but priority will be given to candidates in the U.S. or the UK. Experience working remotely is a plus.
As a Senior Editor of the Windows Central team, this person must champion Future’s values. This means positively impacting the culture through promoting interaction between teams and the audience, demonstrating decisiveness in decision making, having a clear focus on results, ensuring all activity undertaken aligns with the wider needs of the business, and exercising sound judgement when working with others.
The Senior Editor may also be expected to conduct occasional performance-data analysis and work with the Editor-in-Chief to determine the right course of action for future projects.
Along with the Editor-in-Chief, the Senior Editor will occasionally interface with marketing and sales, and attending client meetings on behalf of Future PLC may be required.
Key responsibilities and skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the PC / laptop space and its machinations.
- Enthusiasm for and expertise in PC hardware and software, laptops, and accessories.
- Understanding of the PC gaming landscape is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of the market forces that drive tech companies to act in particular ways, and be able to react quickly and decisively when actions are taken.
- Approach tech reviews, editorials, and news reporting in a creative, exciting, and authoritative way.
- Build and maintain relationships with companies and brands that matter to the site’s audience.
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief to plan content on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report to the Editor-in-Chief on a weekly basis to track project progress and improve workflows within the team.
- Edit and publish editorial content that may be written on a daily or weekly basis.
- Regularly report on content and audience KPIs set by the business, and modify content strategy accordingly.
- Occasional travel (situation-permitting) to trade shows and other key industry events.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level on strict deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Professional writing and editing experience.
- Clear understanding of modern SEO best practices.
What will I get in return?
As well as standard benefits, they have a number of awesome perks available to staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right)
- A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flexible spend account
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
Health Has A New Opening For Associate Commerce Editor. Apply Now!
WIRED is Looking For An Experienced Story Editor
Marie Claire is Hiring An Editorial Fellow. Apply Now!
Leave a comment