Magazine Job Opportunities of the Week
Epicurious is Looking For Editors
The Epicurious is Seeking A Food Editor
The Epicurious Food Editor will work primarily, but not exclusively, on content that will live on Epicurious.com and in the Epicurious App. They will also be encouraged to contribute to Bon Appétit in both print and digital. All Test Kitchen members are expected to create content across platforms, such as in articles, social, video, and through events. This position requires an ability to translate culinary knowledge into actionable recipes geared towards home cooks. It also requires the ability to collaborate with outside recipe developers and chefs, and help turn others’ culinary vision into accessible content. Strong candidates are creative, passionate about food and cooking, and great with deadlines. They should possess a strong editorial voice alongside their culinary skills.
Epicurious is Seeking a Detail-Oriented Associate Editor
Epicurious is looking a detail-oriented associate editor with a strong writing voice, reporting experience, and an interest in all aspects of the editorial process to join team of dedicated, hard-working, food-obsessed writers and editors. This person will brainstorm and produce dynamic content and support other editors to produce editorial packages. The ideal candidate will be full of ideas for articles they’d like to write and stories they’d like to see featured on Epicurious. This role is an integral part of the Epicurious editorial team, with an emphasis on developing original ideas that bring recipes and cooking techniques to life.
W Magazine Looking for Full-Time Associate Staff Writer to Join New York-Based Team
The Associate Staff Writer will be responsible for both pitching and executing written pieces across a number of topics including fashion news, art, design, celebrity style, and entertainment. This position will also be responsible for assigned interviews and events coverage.
The candidate must have 2+ years of experience writing in a fast-paced online environment. A deep understanding of the worlds of runway fashion, art, and entertainment—and all of their key players—is an absolute must. This person must have the ability to produce stories with original reporting and thoughtful angles, a knack for discovering up-and-coming talent and trends, and an eye toward story optimization and performance.
Please note that candidates must be based out of NYC.
- Write 2 to 3 stories a day for the site—a mix of breaking news, Q&As, and reported features
- Monitor the news cycle to pitch and execute compelling stories
- Cover live events like awards shows as needed, and show initiative and flexibility when news breaks during evenings and weekends
- Understand and follow best practices for SEO and social
- Represent W magazine at relevant events, with an eye for newsworthy angles and on-site or social coverage opportunities
- Pitch and execute original features and on-going franchises
- Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Work closely with team members on ideation, site direction, and content package execution
- 2+ years writing experience in digital media
- Extensive knowledge of runway fashion, established and emerging designers, art, and entertainment
- A firm understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to quickly write and edit clean, concise copy without compromising factual information or brand integrity
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- Comfortable networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salary Range: $58,500 - $60,000
WWD is Looking for Full-Time Business Reporter for Strategic Content Development Team
This position requires project ideation, development, and creation. The role requires custom content development and pure editorial reporting, writing, and publishing. Editorial stories are filed daily, while custom content projects have rolling deadlines and require working with paid sponsors. Aside from WWD, the position also requires contributing to Footwear News and Beauty Inc.
The position reports to the Executive Editor of Strategic Content Development and is based in NYC.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Reporter or Editor
- Experience at a daily news site is a plus
- Attention to detail, including following specific best practices that directly impact traffic.
- Can-do, positive, cooperative, and highly motivated attitude.
Typical wage range: $54.5k - $64.5k
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job Opportunities
SELF Has New Opening For Fitness Writer
Travel + Leisure Seeking Commerce Writer
Leave a comment