In this digital-first role, you’ll assist the Fashion Editor with Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health’s fashion offering across the brands’ many platforms, from the websites to social and video. You will generate exciting, must-read news stories every day, that will entertain audience and drive traffic, as well working heavily on shopping content and e-commerce offering, driving revenue opportunities.
- Source quality original fashion content that will engage the Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health digital audiences in the form of daily news stories, SEO-driven features and reviews, and creating e-commerce focused articles and shopping galleries.
- Assist the Fashion Editor in growing revenue across Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health through excellent editorial e-commerce content aided by the central e-commerce team, Hearst Institute and wider Fashion team.
- Assist the Fashion Editor in the strategic development of the section’s SEO content across Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health, by working closely with the central SEO team (and extended editorial team).
- Contribute online news story ideas every morning across Fashion and write up as assigned by the Fashion Editor. Be inventive with story choices, sourcing quality original content that will engage the Cosmopolitan digital audience, whether this be spotting breaking celebrity news angles, emerging trends, opinion pieces, or witty social media reactions to pop culture moments.
- Keep on top of story performance, using data to inform ideas/stories and make informed decisions about potential trends and areas of growth.
- Help with the smooth running of digital fashion content across both brands, helping keep planners and spreadsheets up to date.
- Stand in for the Fashion Editor in all things digital whenever required, covering holiday and sickness, producing monthly digital fashion reports using Google Analytics, and helping manage any freelancers during busy periods.
- Be comfortable covering important fashion news outside of normal working hours, when required, such as award shows or product launches.
- Play a key role in the fashion video and social strategy, creating inventive and shareable video ideas relevant to audience, assisting with shoots, interviewing (and helping secure) talent when required, and aiding with the creation of scripts for velocity style video edits.
- Have a passion for affordable fashion, as well as the influencers, celebrities and brands that will get the Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health audiences clicking.
- Attend broader Fashion team meetings, contributing to wider strategy and content as required/desired.
- A proven track record of writing traffic-driving, content for a digital brand, with the witty, conversational tone readers love and share, is essential.
- A good working knowledge of writing for - and strategizing around - SEO is essential. Experience with SEO tools desirable
- Previous experience of writing with e-commerce in mind, brimming with innovative ways to present shopping content, is highly desirable.
- Be immersed in the world of fashion as it applies to the Cosmopolitan & Women’s Health reader – from an awareness of relevant celebrities and influencers to brands and social media trends.
- An ability to find the unique Cosmopolitan angle in any story, that makes content uniquely and essential to audience’s lives is essential.
- The ability to write quickly, while retaining quality, legal safety and factual accuracy
- Experience using Google Analytics or other analytics platforms to track trends, digest data and build reports
- Experience posting to social media and optimising images and copy as such
- Experience covering breaking news and award shows
- An understanding of video, willing to generate ideas across both sections
- Experience using Photoshop or image software
- A basic understanding of media law as it relates to image rights, defamation, and other key online celebrity journalism considerations
- Relationships with relevant PRs
WHAT THEY OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rata for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid working model – 2 days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
Bon Appétit Looking for Full-Time Senior Cooking Editor
Bon Appétit is looking for a full-time senior editor to oversee cooking-related print stories. The ideal candidate must be able to pitch and produce dynamic content, edit text, and collaborate with the full team to produce great stories that live in print and across platforms. In this role, the senior cooking editor will work with the print team, Bon Appétit test kitchen, and editorial leadership to shape the vision for cooking stories and packages. Sharp candidates will have a strong editorial point of view, culinary experience, and experience assigning stories and shaping them at every stage of the editing process. This is an editorial role, not a recipe developer, though the ideal candidate will have culinary experience as well.
*To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter with your resume.*
They know there are great candidates who won’t have all the experience they’ve described above, or who have important skills they haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply. Please use your cover letter to tell us how your strengths and experiences would make you successful in this role.
- Generating story ideas for all sections of the magazine
- Writing and editing cooking stories and packages for the print magazine
- Conceptualizing how recipes and stories might live across all editorial facets of the brand (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Connecting with and developing relationships with new and established writers; mentoring and fostering talent across the Bon Appétit team; working with freelancers, including assigning and editing content and onboarding them into systems
- Editing and contributing across BA platforms, social channels, and brand initiatives as necessary
- 7+ years experience writing and editing, ideally in journalism, writing, or related fields; print experience preferred
- Strong demonstrated culinary knowledge
- Sound editorial judgment; stellar writing and editing skills; understanding of editorial strategy best practices
- A thoughtful, inclusive approach to assigning and editing content
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to communicate well with people across departments (Art, Social, Test Kitchen), and at all levels of brand
- Experience working in print media, including familiarity with content management systems (K4) and writing headlines
Popular Mechanics Looking For Associate News Editor
Popular Mechanics — part of Hearst’s Enthusiast Group — is looking for an inquisitive, energetic, creative, and detail-obsessed editor to create, oversee, and publish content across site, magazine, social feeds, and all other channels.
The Associate News Editor will work within Service and News team on stories that explain and demystify the core topics and relevant newsy events that audience obsesses over. This editor will also create explainers, how-tos, and other evergreen pieces that can be easily updated, while also enjoying the freedom to dive deeper on in-depth projects with long lead times.
This role combines an editing and writing background with a passion for and knowledge of the core interests of the Popular Mechanics community. They primarily rate a story’s success on membership engagement, audience development, affiliate revenue, and its ability to be distributed across multiple platforms.
This job is located in Easton, PA; they will not be able to consider remote candidates. Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Under the direction of the Popular Mechanics team’s Deputy Editor, originate, plan, and publish content that meets performance metrics
- Produce stories daily while simultaneously creating longer works for site, magazine, social feeds, and other channels
- Hit every deadline, crush every metric
Who you are:
- At least one year of experience in editing, writing, or content creation and distribution, with a bonus for background in science, tech, machines, games, the outdoors, DIY, repair, maker culture, or any place curiosity leads.
- Familiarity with traffic-tracking systems like Google Analytics, Chartbeat, and Parse.ly
- Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
- Ability to thrive under multiple projects while meeting deadlines
The Hearst Magazines Commerce Team Looking for Commerce Editor
The Hearst Magazines Commerce Team is looking for a commerce editor to pitch, write, and edit commerce content for preferred external merchant partners. This content would be for portfolio of lifestyle and enthusiast brands, including Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Delish, Good Housekeeping, and Men's Health. The ideal person for this gig is obsessed with online shopping and finding the best sales and buzzy items — including trendy items for the home, great scores on appliances, the latest health tools, beauty must-haves, popular techy stuff, cool kids stuff, and more. Even better: You’re a pro at diving into data and using reporting tools to inform voice-y, super shareable, and smartly packaged articles.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide-variety of merchants across the fashion, tech, home, and fitness space. You should be skilled at making data-driven decisions and seeking out new opportunities based on content trends. This position will report to the Senior Commerce Editor.
What you’ll do:
- Write and edit 4-5 original shopping-focused pieces of content weekly.
- Work closely witheditorial teams to ensure content fits the brand’s voice and style.
- Stay on top of the latest deals and working with preferred retailers to plan for sale events and upcoming launches in advance.
- Track performance of content in order to inform and execute new areas of growth to increase affiliate commerce revenue.
Who you are:
- Someone with a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience creating lifestyle content at a digital-first outlet — strong preference for candidates with a background in commerce content.
- A sharp writer with strong self-editing skills.
- Able to understand analytics and translate them into editorial action — familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is a plus.
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable working independently.
- Well-versed in building strong relationships and explaining complex topics in simple terms.
- Available to work major shopping holidays.
Visit The Stylists Suite Page For More Job and Freelance Opportunities