Them. Is Seeking For Lifestyle Editor. You Should Apply.
Them. Is Looking For Lifestyle Editor To Join The Editorial Team
The Lifestyle Editor is an integral part of the Them. editorial team. This role will curate and edit a new vertical focused on service journalism for LGBTQ+ people as well as contribute to the site’s Style vertical, assigning and editing both regular columns and in-depth features for each. This person should be passionate about journalism that helps LGBTQ+ people live fulfilled and healthy lives and knowledgeable about both the latest trends in self care and the questions that LGBTQ+ may have about healthcare, sex, travel, employment, and beyond. The perfect candidate is detail-oriented, and committed to producing nuanced, accessible, expert-driven journalism about topics that can be tough to parse.
- Regularly assign and edit—and occasionally write—expert-driven guides tackling tough questions and challenges that LGBTQ+ people face in their daily lives.
- Assign and edit regular recommendation round ups for Them.’s Style vertical, including talent-driven franchises.
- Work closely with the Audience Development team to track reader trends and make sure we’re answering the questions that people are asking.
- Work alongside Editorial Director to plan tent-pole features and packages in your coverage areas.
- Work closely with freelancers to develop an accessible, informative, and authoritative tone for resource guides and roundups.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Them. team to guide to editorial vision for the site.
- 3+ years of experience as an editor at a major media publication
- Adept at fact-checking nuanced stories
- Proactive content planner with the ability to think big picture
- Skilled communicator and enthusiastic team member
- Skilled at translating analytics into action
- Experience with SEO-driven service journalism preferred, but not required