Them. Is Looking For Lifestyle Editor To Join The Editorial Team
The Lifestyle Editor is an integral part of the Them. editorial team. This role will curate and edit a new vertical focused on service journalism for LGBTQ+ people as well as contribute to the site’s Style vertical, assigning and editing both regular columns and in-depth features for each. This person should be passionate about journalism that helps LGBTQ+ people live fulfilled and healthy lives and knowledgeable about both the latest trends in self care and the questions that LGBTQ+ may have about healthcare, sex, travel, employment, and beyond. The perfect candidate is detail-oriented, and committed to producing nuanced, accessible, expert-driven journalism about topics that can be tough to parse.
- Regularly assign and edit—and occasionally write—expert-driven guides tackling tough questions and challenges that LGBTQ+ people face in their daily lives.
- Assign and edit regular recommendation round ups for Them.’s Style vertical, including talent-driven franchises.
- Work closely with the Audience Development team to track reader trends and make sure we’re answering the questions that people are asking.
- Work alongside Editorial Director to plan tent-pole features and packages in your coverage areas.
- Work closely with freelancers to develop an accessible, informative, and authoritative tone for resource guides and roundups.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Them. team to guide to editorial vision for the site.
- 3+ years of experience as an editor at a major media publication
- Adept at fact-checking nuanced stories
- Proactive content planner with the ability to think big picture
- Skilled communicator and enthusiastic team member
- Skilled at translating analytics into action
- Experience with SEO-driven service journalism preferred, but not required