Storytelling should be at the heart of everything social and the job of the Social Media Editor is to define and execute the social strategy for Marie Claire UK
As the key stakeholder for all things Social, you’ll be tasked with developing a scalable and engaging strategy utilising the brands core verticals (Beauty, Fashion, Sustainability, Wellness, Events) to carve out a robust social voice for MC that is disruptive and engaging and to grow and retain audiences with effective community management. You’ll also be in charge of developing Global strategies and synching with Marie Claire US to harmonise the UK and US activity across time zones.
- Create shareable content (news, images and video) for use across all social platforms for Marie Claire.
- To evolve and execute the brands Social Media strategy
- Oversee content production process from inception to delivery
- Work alongside the wider MC team to leverage their work for social use
- To identify areas of growth and opportunity across Social
- Work alongside key stakeholders in the company, including marketing and commercial, to help produce and deliver successful editorial and commercial social campaigns.
- Work with the Audience Development Manager to help deliver weekly reports and track content performance
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for social media and the appetite for creating world class visuals and campaigns
- A thorough understanding of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Flipboard.
- A finger on the pulse for knowing what works on social media and the latest platform features.
- A positive, creative attitude with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Superb written skills.
- Ability to work brilliantly independently and as a team.
- Knowledge of image creation tools from Canva to Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects) knowledge and video editing experience not essential but a bonus
- Paid social media experience
- Experience creating and managing briefs for both editorial and commercial campaigns
- Experience developing campaign objectives and KPIs ensuring campaigns fulfill business goals, from experiential to commercial and brand campaigns, whilst lending to brand building and community growth.
- The ability to put together comprehensive campaign performance reports (very strong analytical skills)
- The ability to validate your strategy through audience and social listening data and present justifications to teams with confidence.
- Monitor all social platforms across the MC ecosystem to ensure consistency
- Demonstrated experience managing key social accounts for publishers, brands or retailers
- Experience with full range of social platforms and tools including Crowdtangle, Social Flow
- Experience in audience growth with a proven record of this for Instagram.
- Influencer booking and management experience desirable
- Media law knowledge is beneficial
What will I get in return?
As well as their standard benefits, they have a number of awesome perks available to staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right)
- A share in success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of financial year
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Visit The Stylists Suite For More Job Opportunities